Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early Years News & Events (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Grants / funding info ?? (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1148)

Blossom 07-11-2006 10:27 AM

Grants / funding info ??

Hiya
We are a new private day nursery, and we're just wondering if there are any grants or funding etc that we could access. :wide-eyed
We are wanting to develop an outside area and also a sensory area. Also can we get any sort of milk allowance? As I seem to remember that we could claim something at one point?:blush:
Cheers Jo:spin:

Ruthierhyme 07-11-2006 02:10 PM

Hiya Blossom - Firstly I would say ask your local EY department for local funding opportunities - Lancashire's 'Children First' website has a lot of information on it .... meanwhile I'll look and see if there are any private organisations offering grant assistance in your area ... :cheerful:

ps... let us know if you find out any information as well :D

Brandy 08-18-2006 10:31 PM

large grant project.

We are currently seeking a grant for our outside play area, which costs quite a lot, have tried local council, who gave me a list of possible funders from Grantfinder and there is also the lottery, have written to big companies any where else i could try?
so far we have been pledged £1,270 but need almost £12,000.
Someone suggested entrust but the garden playarea would have to be public and only our playgroup use it.
Has anyone any ideas!!!

Ruthierhyme 08-18-2006 10:38 PM

Sadie what County are you in?

Brandy 08-19-2006 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruthierhyme (Post 3250)
Sadie what County are you in?

I am in devon.

Narnia 08-19-2006 09:33 PM

i'd like one too, there's a possiblity of a new building becoming available in the next year and it would need loads of money to buy it.................alternatively, i need some money(about £3,000) to put cushioned lino flooring down for the children.We currently have thin fitted carpet, which you can imagine is a nightmare:paints, dough,glue, sand,water!!

Brandy 03-05-2007 08:25 AM

just to let you know we were awarded a awards for all grant of almost £10,000 and have raised the other £2,000 from local donations, we now have the funds for our outdoor area, if you persist even though you get loads of no's there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Ruthierhyme 03-05-2007 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sadie (Post 6079)
just to let you know we were awarded a awards for all grant of almost £10,000 and have raised the other £2,000 from local donations, we now have the funds for our outdoor area, if you persist even though you get loads of no's there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

omg :wide-eyed that is fantastic news .. Congratulations .. goodness you must be itching to get on with it !! Well done :cheerful: