Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 01-29-2012, 02:21 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Starry_Eyed is on a distinguished road
Help SOS explain the importance of reflective practice

================================================== =
Unit help for SHC 32
================================================== =

Hi all,

I am new to this website, but i am really struggling with a question on personal development, is anyone able to help me with this question and the work needs to be in tomorrow and i am starting to stress about this question.

Question 2.1) Explain the importance of reflective practice in continuously improving the quality of service provided.

Any help on this question would be greatly appreciated as i dont have a clue what i should write

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-30-2012, 02:48 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

Lill is on a distinguished road
Default Newbie

Hi,

I am also new to the site. I have been using the page for useful hints and tips as I have only just started my level 3 qualification and working at my local pre school. I have recently completed my 1st unit, but couldnt believe there is another 15 more to go! quite scary.
I have signed up to this website because it is so good to see that everyone is going through the same thing as me. I'm the youngest in my setting and the support i recieve is brilliant. I have been on so many courses to go with this qualification so far and its hurting my brain, but I can't wait when I recieve the certificate. but got so long to go.

hope everyone is enjoying their course..

:)
xx
Unread 01-30-2012, 03:49 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lill View Post
Hi,

I am also new to the site. I have been using the page for useful hints and tips as I have only just started my level 3 qualification and working at my local pre school. I have recently completed my 1st unit, but couldnt believe there is another 15 more to go! quite scary.
I have signed up to this website because it is so good to see that everyone is going through the same thing as me. I'm the youngest in my setting and the support i recieve is brilliant. I have been on so many courses to go with this qualification so far and its hurting my brain, but I can't wait when I recieve the certificate. but got so long to go.

hope everyone is enjoying their course..

:)
xx
Hi Glad
you are enjoying your course and your role within your setting, a warm welcome to you.
If you are completing the level 3 diploma not sure whether i should say this or not but there are more units, i think that they are all the units that you have to do but you have optional units to do by the end of the course you must have completed 65 credits, i had 4 more additional units to complete some tutors will let you choose your optional units and some tutors choose them for you, i was allowed to choose my own so that i could tie in my work role as a SENCO.

All silkysteps members are brilliant at giving advice, guidance and support when you need it. Good luck

Lynne
Unread 01-30-2012, 04:23 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, a warm welcome to silkysteps, this link was very kindly posted yesterday, page 42 may help - Explain the importance of reflective practice in continuously improving the quality of service provided and on amazon the handbook - Health & Social care level 3

Welcome to the site Lill xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 02-01-2012, 04:20 PM

emma-kay is on a distinguished road

hi all I was wondering if anyone could help me, I am doing an online course in supporting teaching and learning in schools, I have a voluntary placement but I'm really at a loss as to what to write for the personal development assignment, I don't have a job description or any kind of personal development folder or notes, can anyone please suggest how i can go about this assignment, many thanx xx
Unread 02-01-2012, 05:19 PM

lil1 is on a distinguished road

hi i am also on this question if any1 could give me any ideas on how to start it i would appreciate this as i don't know where to start
Unread 02-01-2012, 05:24 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

mrsnoah is on a distinguished road

Hi guys - is this course not personal development? Create a table detailing each learning objective, how you will go about meeting the objective- research, observation, etc. a date for when you will achieve it or if you have already when and any observations you have made about the learning i.e successes/challenges and anything you would like to develop in the future.
hope this helps get you started or at least gives you some ideas.
Mrs Noah
Unread 02-01-2012, 05:43 PM

Thanx Mrs Noah, I get that the bits I'm struggling on are the ' describe the duties and responsibilities of own work role' and 'demonstrate how to work with others to agree own personal development', I've just emailed my tutor so hopefully will hear something back from him to point me in the right direction xx
Unread 02-01-2012, 06:23 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

mrsnoah is on a distinguished road

Hi Emma-Kay - what is your role within the setting - what kind of support do you provide- might be able to help a bit more.
Unread 02-02-2012, 09:27 AM

hi mrs noah i just help in the numeracy and literacy classes working with a small group helping them as they don't always understand the lesson then in the afternoons I just go between classes helping any teachers that may need it, I really dont know how to start this assignment as I have never done any kind of personal development, i have on been in this profession for 4 month and am beginning to think im in way over my head :(