Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 05-12-2013, 08:46 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Miss K Conway is on a distinguished road
General question 1.3 Describe how people in the setting are made aware of risks and hazards and encouraged to work safely.

Hi I could really do with some help on this LO. I feel like I am just repeating myself all the time in this unit.
I was going to write about the posters that we have around the school and training courses and staff meetings but I've already mentioned them in the other LOs 1.1 and 1.2.
soooo confused.
Am I on the right track here ?? any advice ?? x

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-13-2013, 08:48 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, if you've mentioned them in previous criteria then here as the natural follow on you're able to describe what they actually are :)

Are the posters in places where the majority of people will see & have time to read them - staff room, bustling corridor, by lunch queue wall, in a dining room, are there posters for the children and ones for adults? are they interesting, what do they tell you about.

How frequent are the training & awareness opportunities and what are they called, how do you find out about them, are they scheduled for convenient times where everyone can attend, do you have external agencies running the courses or maybe colleagues take the lead/inhouse, do you get a certificate or a document that you can add to your professional development portfolio or maybe that you can use to update your PD portfolio?

Best wishes xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 05-21-2013, 02:23 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Miss K Conway is on a distinguished road

Thanks Ruthierhyme this helped me out :) x