Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 09-18-2013, 03:34 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Soph is on a distinguished road
General question Help with Witness Testimonies!

Hi everyone,

I am new to silkysteps so please bare with me!

I am studying STLS level 3 QCF and am currently on Unit 5 but am struggling! I have a placement in a reception class and have to have witness testimonies for this unit but there are so many of them!

The ones i am stuck on are:

5.3.4 Demonstrate ways of encouraging learners to take responsibility for their own learning
I know that it is asking open questions and encouraging them to decide what activities they want to partake in but i don't know how i can actually DO this so that my class teacher can write it down as i do it.

5.2.2 Develop and adapt resources to meet the needs of learners
Same with this one. We have a child with a broken arm who you would expect needs some extra help with activities such as lego etc but she seems to be coping really well and doesn't really need any extra help so i don't know how i can get a witness testimony for this!!!

Any help to point me in the right direction would be much appreciated. I am stuck at a dead end at the moment.

If anybody needs help with any of the first 4 Units i will be happy to help as i have had my first 3 signed off and am waiting for Unit 4 to come back.

Thanks in advance!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-17-2013, 08:56 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

helsbels71 is on a distinguished road
hi Soph.

Dear Soph, sorry you are struggling with these final two, all the best to you. I have only just started my course and am struggling even to know where to start at all!!! SO if you are still able to help as offered with anything in the first 4 units id be so greatful. When I get an idea of what sort of things I need to set as tasks maybe I can help you in return? Regards Helen
Unread 10-17-2013, 08:59 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

the usual protocol is you give your teacher the assessment criteria and SHE has to decide if and when she has seen this then write about it.
she will see the first one regularly when you are empowering children asking the, open questions supporting them in their choices etc.

the second will be as you ay but more usually with language based activities BUT it is for your teacher to assess when you have doe them and to write it up
Unread 10-23-2013, 09:40 AM

Hi Helen,

Sorry for the late reply, I have been very busy with my full time office job and my voluntary work in school! Just about have enough time to fit my course in on a Sunday!

Yes, i would be more than happy to help with any questions you have on the first four units. Can i ask, is it the Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools Level 3 QCF that you are doing? And is it home study based with a work placement?

It is interesting to speak to someone who is actually doing the same course as you rather than those who just THINK they know what you are doing!

I am currently on Unit 5 now and seem to be sailing through :)
Unread 10-23-2013, 01:34 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18547

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soph View Post
Yes, i would be more than happy to help with any questions you have on the first four units. Can i ask, is it the Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools Level 3 QCF that you are doing? And is it home study based with a work placement?

It is interesting to speak to someone who is actually doing the same course as you rather than those who just THINK they know what you are doing!

I am currently on Unit 5 now and seem to be sailing through :)
Hi, the requirement for direct observations in the workplace might be a 'greyed area that course providers have between the NQF and QCF qualifications.

About STL level 3, about the QCF childcare level 3 on cache & the level 3 NQF if you scroll down to the lower part of those pages you'll see the differences in the career/job titles that each offers access to once the qualification has been completed.

xx
the cost of ad blockers

Last edited by Ruthierhyme : 10-23-2013 at 03:23 PM. Reason: edited & added STL link
Unread 05-12-2014, 02:41 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

laylamarts1 is on a distinguished road

hi i am also doing the level 3 qcf supporting teaching and learning in schools and i am stuck on task 3 any help would be great and if i can help you in anyway please ask. xx
Unread 05-12-2014, 03:08 PM

Hi laylamart, I am on my final unit now so nearly completed the course, finally! Of course, just let me know what you are stuck on and I will try my best to help :)