Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Preschool themes and topics > Festivals, Faith and days of celebration > Yule and Christmas

Yule and Christmas Secular activity ideas to enjoy the festive spirit of the season.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

View Poll Results: How Does Santa Get Inot Your House?
Down the chimney 7 53.85%
Uses a magic key 4 30.77%
Passes through the window 0 0%
Squeezes through the cat flap 0 0%
Other 2 15.38%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 11-20-2006, 03:40 PM

Miss Muffet is on a distinguished road
Coffee How Does Santa Get Into Your House?

A fun poll to run until after the festive period. :wreath:

If you answer 'other', please let us know!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 11-20-2006, 04:19 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Chelltune is on a distinguished road

Other: DS is scared of father Christmas. he has told me that Father Christmas is to deliver the presents to my work and I have to bring them home in the car.

I am actually thinking of keeping off of preschool on the last day as they will search for Farmer Christmas in the woods. It took weeks for him to get over looking for Farmer Bunny before Easter.
Unread 11-21-2006, 12:29 PM

Miss Muffet is on a distinguished road
Oh bless him!! Poor little mite - Father Christmas is everywhere!! Hopefully he'll grow out of it as he gets older :crossfing

F.C. got into our house last year with a magic key, but DS pointed out that as we've just had a new open-style gas fire fitted Santa would now be coming down the chimney!! Just hope he leaves the soot where it is!!
Unread 11-21-2006, 03:09 PM
cybertwin

ours uses the chimney route, we do have a fire place, but dont actually have a chmney attached to it anymore as it had to come down!, was adjoined to a neighbours and they needed it down and padi for it!!!. we do have a chimney on the other side of the house, but blocked up fireplaces.
luckily the boys have never realised that the chimney and fire place cannot be connected!!!! we always had to move the stereo though as this is in the fire place!!
Unread 11-22-2006, 12:55 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Squeezes through the catflap ???? LOL

We send a magic key to santa so he can come in on christmas eve .. it only works on our house, for that night & if santa's holding it !!! that's what you get for centrally heated houses nowadays and children that play 20 questions with commonsense !!

and to your Ds Chell, bless him lol
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 12-02-2006, 03:09 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

alison1 is on a distinguished road

The thought of someone coming into our house scared the life out of me when I was small so I told my two that it all happens with magic. They have always believed it but started to ask why they never show the magic on telly just Father Christmas coming down chimneys!!!!!!!!! A bit of quick thinking and I told them that they can't show the magic on telly as it's a secret magic that only he knows, and he won't tell anyone not even his helpers so they had to make something up to show us. Bless them, they believed me and have never questioned it again. I sooooooooo love Christmas