Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Parent Partnerships

Parent Partnerships Early Years interviews, appraisals, building partnerships with parents, carers and your local extended community. Share ideas to help support staff in working together and in identifying stakeholders. Please use this forum to discuss solutions, problem solving and linking experiences ...

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 06-07-2006, 05:59 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation
Coffee Uniforms

Do the adults or children in your group wear uniforms?

Have you been asked to provide logo work clothes for staff, committee or the children?
the cost of ad blockers

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-07-2006, 06:26 PM
stacey

I work in a private nursery voluntary twice a week and we wear a t-shirt, ours is pink with the logo of the nursery on and we just have to wear black trousers

love stace xxx
Unread 06-07-2006, 06:44 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

jph is on a distinguished road

All staff have polo shirt / jumper with name and logo of pre-school on. Good for helping parents and children realise which adults are actually staff, and good for PR when wearing in community.
Unread 06-07-2006, 08:00 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

FARLEYS is on a distinguished road

staff have yellow polo t-shirts with logo on, red jumpers with logo on and red t-shirts with logo for the summer. children have red t-shirts and jumpers with logo on. can wear anything on bottom half!!
Unread 06-07-2006, 10:27 PM
cybertwin

we have red polo shirts, sweatshirts and fleeces all with out logo on, and sell tshirts and sweatshirts for the children although not mandatory with the logo on

then we wear jeans, trousers or skirts (not mini!!)
Unread 06-09-2006, 09:22 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Where abouts do you all go to get the logos printed/embroidered on ?
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 06-09-2006, 11:08 PM
janet

my nursery wears a tunic on top half with black trousers,company logo on tunic. its very hot though in this weather
Unread 06-10-2006, 12:42 AM
cybertwin

we use alexandria for staff emboriery
but children have printed ones done by mapac

www.alexandreia.co.uk (i think)
www.mapac.co.uk
Unread 06-10-2006, 09:44 PM
Twinks

Our staff have sweatshirts for winter and T-shirts for summer. We also have some tabards for students/volunteers. Our colour is dark purple - I could kill who ever chose it as although very smart and suitable for both sexes, its not a commonly made colour and a bit of a pain to source. We had to buy purple material for the tabards and one of our staff's mother in laws made them for us!

Children have an optional purple sweatshirt if parents wish to buy at cost price.

I would advise anyone looking for logos to try embroidered rather than printed. Embroidery incurrs a set-up charge, but once thats paid, there is no minimum quantity. We use a local firm and I often go in an get a couple at a time if new children start. The logos also last longer and look smarter.

Screenprinting is usually only available in a "batch" quantity - we were quoted 12 minimum from several companies. They also charge a set-up cost per screen - ie per colour, so if your logo has 3 colours, it takes 3 screens to achieve it and therefore exttra cost.
Unread 06-12-2006, 07:02 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Chloe is on a distinguished road
Default Uniforms

At my last group we used Narnias supplier,excellent and personal service.
Present group were a red polo/t/shirt (staff and children the same)
I have been given a second hand one and have to say I am not a happy bunny,I like new uniform !Well will see what it is like and then decide if I am going to wear it! Fussy old dear!!