Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Preschool themes and topics > Planning activities themes and topics for preschool early years > Sports, games, physical play

Sports, games, physical play A variety of activity ideas to promote and support young children's early years learning and development indoors and outside

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 10-05-2020, 07:37 AM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

feehunter is on a distinguished road
Default Suitable sport or exercise activities during pandemic

Hi there!

I would like to ask for some advice or ideas about the best exercise (or possible a kind of sport) that can be played at home for my children's class that you can share of.

Any ideas are most welcome. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-09-2020, 08:16 AM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

feehunter is on a distinguished road

Hello again! Upon searching last wednesday, I've found this site that gave different indoor activities as well as some sports that can be done and play inside our home. Hope this helps anyone with the same situation as mine. :)

https://www.nhs.uk/change4life/activities
Unread 12-29-2022, 06:59 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

debbi2 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for sharing the resource

I think we should be aware of these activities because they can be organized in different situations. For example, children like to play ping pong. This is a good game that can be modified to make it a team game. Also, during the game with it, the child trains his attentiveness, reaction speed and learns to control his body.

Another good option is hide and seek if there are no potentially dangerous places in your territory. The child learns to quickly assess the situation, which is an important point in the development of the child.