Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 06-22-2010, 10:10 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

annwebbo is on a distinguished road
Help SOS help any ideas for k3d220 please

how to Talk honestly and raise awareness of issues in line with children’s questions and concerns.
i just cant get my head around this one any help would be great.
Thanks.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-23-2010, 08:12 AM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

twinthing is on a distinguished road

I think its along the lines of .....like when we had the swine flu scare....we used our persona doll to raise issues that the children wanted to talk about....we used honest and simple language to explain that some people were poorly and that they needed medicines, some mummies and daddies wanted to make sure their children were ok so they took them home...( we had a few suspected cases and although we handled the situation along county guidance some parents went abit over the top) our persona doll came to cirlcle time...he sat on a staff members lap and we acted out him sneezing and showed the children how they must use tissues and that the tissues needed to be put in the bin!

I guess it all depends on the age you are working with......school age children have different concerns, I suppose you just need to keep talk simple but truthfull...."yes it does hurt when you have your school jabs but its over so quickly you wont even know that its done!"

hope that is some sort of help!
Unread 06-23-2010, 12:08 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

annwebbo is on a distinguished road

hi thanks for that im a childminder so ive got to do it for all age group 0 to3 3 to 7, 7to 12 and 12 to 16 im finding the the last two older age hard.