Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Playwork and Out of Hours

Playwork and Out of Hours playwork, hospital play, library sessions, after school and holiday clubs .. post your activity ideas and queries in here ..

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 02-08-2010, 10:35 AM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

DizzyDora is on a distinguished road

Do you mean homeschool diaries for passing 1)messages between school and parents or 2)so parents know what the children do while at the setting?

If it's 1 currently we just verbally pass the messages on however EYDO said we really should be writing it down in one central book (as proof of communication between parents, us and nursery) and getting the teacher/ parent to sign i discussed this with teachers who said that would make life difficult for them to have to read and sign at dropping off time so i'm considering buying one of those duplicate copy books which we can write the note in then rip off and give to teacher/ parent then we have a permanent copy for ourselves

If it's 2 i have a real issue with this as our nursery/ school doesn't give feedback on each child's day however they do have parents evening which we don't so i'm considering a termly/ half termly report sheet covering things such as behaviour? targets we have been working on? toys they like playing with? etc

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-13-2010, 12:29 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

kirkycharlie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyDora View Post
Do you mean homeschool diaries for passing 1)messages between school and parents or 2)so parents know what the children do while at the setting?

If it's 1 currently we just verbally pass the messages on however EYDO said we really should be writing it down in one central book (as proof of communication between parents, us and nursery) and getting the teacher/ parent to sign i discussed this with teachers who said that would make life difficult for them to have to read and sign at dropping off time so i'm considering buying one of those duplicate copy books which we can write the note in then rip off and give to teacher/ parent then we have a permanent copy for ourselves

If it's 2 i have a real issue with this as our nursery/ school doesn't give feedback on each child's day however they do have parents evening which we don't so i'm considering a termly/ half termly report sheet covering things such as behaviour? targets we have been working on? toys they like playing with? etc
we have been told we have to imperment what the child is doing at school and link in with them but our school doesnt seem to want to have that link, our development worker have just changed so at the min we dnt have one just feel like bashing my head
Unread 02-20-2010, 05:38 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

DizzyDora is on a distinguished road

I do wish development officers would sort themselves out and all have the same info. We've been told not to copy what is being done in school! Just compliment it. We have different topics to school but support the children on their nursery targets ie currently we have a child we re helping with 1-3, another with number recognition 1-5, another who needs to build confidence etc