Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 05-28-2010, 06:23 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Lady H is on a distinguished road
Default I would really appreciate your help

Hello everyone,

Im new here, basically I have atarted volunteering in a nursery for 2 days a week, and just started ccld nvq 3, I have never studied level 2 or any other childcare courses before.

Im stuck now as I have had 1 turtorial and bascially the college is rubbish I have been given unit 303 310 where do I start how do I begin my portfolio

All advice will be much appreciated.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-29-2010, 08:22 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

shaz03 is on a distinguished road
hiya,just wondered why you have been given unit 303 first,it would of been alot easier starting with 301 and working your way through it that way.
ive just completed 302 so when my assessor comes nxt wk she gives me the nxt unit to start whilst she marks the previous one.can you not do your nvq through a training provider instead of college?
invest in the ccld book by penny tassoni its a godsend,loads of helpful info in it.
if i can help further feel free to ask
good luck
Sxx
Unread 05-29-2010, 09:00 AM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

twinthing is on a distinguished road

i am not sure what would help, the delivery of this course differs to how mine is run, I would recommend that when you are at work you make notes of the every day things you do and then write reflective accounts on these acivites...that means you write what you did, i.e helped a child who got hurt...how you feel you handled it, and how you might improve what you did for the next time.....
if you write lots of these refective accounts its bound to help you with your portfolio...I wrote lots.....on snacktime, outside play, dealing with parents,helping with art activites, setting up role play areas...ect...

the course I am on does not allow us to hand in and work on single units ...ours has to be done all together...but there is an excellent thread at the top of this forum showing you how to set out a portfolio :)
good luck with your course.
Unread 05-29-2010, 09:01 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi and a warm welcome to silkysteps.

These are a few links on on the forum you may find useful

Reflective accounts and why reflect

Layout of your work

Silkysteps search page - enter the knowledge, keyword or phrase from the unit to have the existing results returned.

And on cwdc the level 3 pdfs can be viewed online for reference, please use the link on this thread.

If possible can you ask for a copy of all your setting's policies & procedures as this will help greatly when looking at specific expectations.

Best wishes with everything

Enjoy the site

Ruth
xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 05-29-2010, 10:45 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

shaz03 is on a distinguished road

isn't it weird how everyone does their work differently?
when i am given a new unit to do my assessor tells me to answer the ke questions,do reflective accounts,and write a bit on the elements(eg301.1 develop positive relationships with children)how i would do this.
she also gives me a choice on what she would like to observe me on so i have time to plan an activity beforehand.this as all got to be done in 3wk.
Sxx