Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 11-06-2011, 11:20 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

paulanddonna is on a distinguished road
Default CYP Core Unit 3.4 - 3.1,3.3

HI
Can somebody please help me. I am struggling on question 3.1,3.3 example of how i encourage children and young people to manage risks. I know that i know the answer, but the more i read it the more it confuses me. Just need a kick start. thanks in advance to anybody that can help.:

-----------------------------------------

Unread 11-06-2011, 05:30 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road

Hi

I wrote about the climbing frame within our setting, we set this up inside and the room has laminate flooring, so we manage the risks first by completing a risk assessment on this by placing mats around the climbing frame we are minimising the risk, we have an adult supervising the climbing frame so that we are able to help and support the children that need help and stand back and allow the children that are older for them to manage their own risks and possible consequences. I went alot more into detail saying what the adult is there for etc.

If you need more guidance then i can put more info on here, this hopefully will give you a starting point.

Lynne
Unread 06-21-2013, 05:44 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

anniebush is on a distinguished road
Default hiiii

hii please help me on this unit 3.3 and 4.1
Unread 06-21-2013, 08:43 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

kerry-lou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by anniebush View Post
hii please help me on this unit 3.3 and 4.1
hia for CYP 3.4 - 3.3 - i wrote: In my setting I work with reception aged children (4-5years) and sometimes they may do things not knowing the risk of what they are doing, which could cause harm to themselves or other children around them. If I see a child doing something, that may risk them or others getting hurt, I must stop them.

In age appropriate language, I could ask the child open-ended questions, to find out why they may hurt themselves. Doing this, both me and the child can work together to gain a better understanding of why they were stopped and what they can do to make it safer.

i also included an example

for CYP 3.4 - 4.1 i wrote about what happens when a child has an accident, where do you record it?

if you can get a copy of your setting's health and safety policy, that will help x
Unread 07-16-2013, 11:02 AM

chloethatcher is on a distinguished road
Default cyp 3.4 4.1

for both of theses questions i uploaded the policies and procedures from my setting with my managers consent. This cleared both questions and got them signed off. Although i am now struggling with 3.3 its my last question to get my unit signed off.

x
Unread 02-23-2014, 06:59 PM

shortie993 is on a distinguished road

Hi I am really struggling with this question I just cant get my head around it :( its causing me to get distressed about it too as its due in tomorrow can any body help im really stuck!! x
Unread 02-23-2014, 07:27 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, welcome to the site. Lynn has given a great insight into her setting's practice, consider how you help children manage risk in your setting eg. do you carry children down all the stairs incase they happen to slip or fall or do you carefully help them navigate the steps independantly, maybe holding a hand when they need you to?

Outdoor play and balancing, are you able to focus on teaching spatial awareness and speed so that children begin to understand standing/sitting/running/walking close together and far away helping them to manage the risk of bumping into each other ..

I hope this helps, best play is an excellent read for this criteria
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 02-23-2014, 07:30 PM

shortie993 is on a distinguished road

Thankyou this has really helped me x