Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 07-05-2011, 06:51 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road
Default cyp 3.7 identifying positive outcomes?

Hi There

any guidance would be appreciatted, i have got a bit confused with some questions.

2.1. Identify the positive outcomes for children and young people that practitioners
should be striving to achieve.

For the above question is it all about every child matters and the five outcomes? do i talk just about this?

many thanks

Lynne

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-06-2011, 06:41 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Alison Day is on a distinguished road

Hi Lyn

Yes its about ECM and the five outcomes and also how those outcomes are linked to the EYFS.
This is a test unit for me so ive only done revision notes.
xx
Unread 07-06-2011, 09:53 PM

Hi Alison

Thankyou for replying. now i'll get stuck in and try and do some. Thanks once again.

oh didn't realise that some people were doing tests!

Lynne
Unread 07-07-2011, 03:15 PM

Hi

This is what i have wrote can somebody tell me if i'm on the right track please.

Every Child Matters. There are five main outcomes for us as practitioners to consider, these are:

Positive outcome 1:
Be Healthy This means that as professionals that we help and encourage the children to be healthy, by giving them healthy meals/snacks at appropriate times. We encourage the children to drink water. Help them to cope with everyday life such as personal stress, help to build their self esteem. Encourage them in the right direction about their physical, mental, emotional, sexual health and to avoid drug taking.

The EYFS works within the Every child Matters (children’s Act 2004) and links to the statutory framework through the welfare requirements (statutory requirements for registered early years providers)

Within your setting you should safeguard and promote childrens welfare, we must take necessary steps to ensure this. We must promote good health of all children within our care and take steps to prevent the spread of infection from others within our care and take appropriate action
when they are ill. We must ensure that there are suitable people and staffing levels are appropriate to ensure safety to all children. The premises, environment and equipment must be suitable to cater for the children, these include outdoor and indoor spaces, furniture, equipment and toys and they must be safe and suitable for the children in your care, age/stage
appropriate.

ALl safeguarding/admissions/settling in policies should be kept up to date. It is important for all staff to read all policies and procedures. As a practitioner there is a requirement to be aware of nutrition needs and plan healthy meals/snacks for children and on some occasions give advice to parents. You should be aware of portion sizes, which are important because children can still
become overweight on healthy foods if they are given too much.

Every setting should have routines they should reflect the varying needs of all children
within your group especially in terms of sleep and rest. All routines should allow time for outdoor play for all ages. Routines also need to be flexible enough to allow the children to finish their task.

Under the EYFS we as practitioners observe children during physical play this is to note the skills that they are showing and what could be emerging, this gives us important information on how we can support the child such as providing new activities, toys or simply encourage the child.
Within the EYFS it is important to work closely with parents, we can find out their child’s needs, you can also provide support and advice on topics, sleep, toilet training and nutrition.

EYFS Statutory requirements, Safeguarding and promoting children’s welfare.
Principles in to practice card 1.4 Health and Well being

This is only one of the outcomes will get stuck in if i am doing this right please help

Lynne
Unread 07-07-2011, 09:15 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Alison Day is on a distinguished road

Hi ya

Sound good to me! As Ive said ive only had to produce revision notes so not sure how much detail u need to go into.

But if u need any more help give me a shout and I can get u started.

xx

Level 3 candidate handbook
Unread 07-07-2011, 09:54 PM

Hi Alison
Thanks for your reply and will contact you if i need anymore help.
Many thanks

Lynne