Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 03-17-2010, 09:24 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

nix81 is on a distinguished road
alittle help with last 4 306 KE points please?

Hi all

Last 4 KE points on 306 and i'm really struggling so any help or advice would be great please?! did get some work sheets from tutor but cannot make head nor tail of them.
The Points are: K3H258, K3D259, K3D265 and K3D266.

Many thanks in advanced
Nix81

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-17-2010, 11:13 PM

carol2583 is on a distinguished road

K3D259

As childcare workers we need to be able to adapt the environment to allow for inclusion so that all children have access to the setting. When we feel we need to adapt the environment for a child we should always consider the health and safety implications I.e. if we move tables we are not blocking doors, and we should also take into account the needs of others. We should always take into account the child’s views and the views of others i.e. colleagues, parents/carers. Most environments can be adapted to allow for inclusion , this could be something simple i.e. move a table to give the child more room or it could be something that needs more planning i.e. a ramp to allow the child easy access and be able to get around more freely.
Unread 03-17-2010, 11:14 PM

carol2583 is on a distinguished road

K3D266

As childcare workers its important to provide a positive and enabling environment to promote the children’s all round development. Children need to be given the chance to make choices to gain independence as this enables them to feel they are been listened to and that we are interested in what they say and think, children should always have a chance to make choices that may affect their everyday life and needs, if this is done this will enable them to values and in turn boost their self esteem and confidence. The role of the adult is very important as this shows children how we are independent and encourages them to do so too. Within some settings we can stand back to allow children independence instead of having constant childcare workers standing over them this will encourage independent thinking and play. We can promote independence by having toys and equipment within easy reach and access so the children can choose and even put away toys they are finished with. We should always on hand to help children if they become stuck or frustrated within something they doing, the children should not worry about making mistakes and should be given the appropriate support, but without the adult taking over what the child was doing. Within the setting we should have a good set routine as this will help the children feel safe and a sense of belonging, some children need routine just to be able to cope with daily tasks, i.e dinner, toileting.
Unread 03-18-2010, 07:18 PM

nix81 is on a distinguished road

hi carol
thank you so much thats really helped! was getting really frustrated with it x
Unread 05-19-2010, 12:46 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

kelbean is on a distinguished road

hi just like to say thankyou as this information help me as well , i had it all there in my notes but after soo much paperwork i couldnt figure it out lol after reading this mine became clear :)