Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Childminding

Childminding Share childminding and home education ideas

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 09-16-2007, 11:27 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation
Car Signs ?

What car signs / displays do you use in your vehicles .. if any ?

Child on board .. keep your distance .. or humourous child passenger ones !!?
the cost of ad blockers

-----------------------------------------

Unread 09-16-2007, 01:36 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

busybee is on a distinguished road

I had always used baby on board signs/kids on board signs until i done a first aid course and the subject came up, and it was brought to my attention that its good to have signs up if the children are in the car but to remove them when they are not, as the tutor who was a paramedic often arrived at car accident scenes where there is a sign in car that a child is on board and they are often hunting for a child that was never in the car to begin with, so something i definately think about now which i never had before.
Unread 09-16-2007, 04:16 PM
cybertwin

that is a good idea, never thought of it that was

we dont have signs in our car regarding the kids any more at they are older, just have basingstoke town sticker, and an england mini scarf!
Unread 09-16-2007, 05:51 PM
noah

I have one for 25 watch...a local initiative giving police the freedom to stop the car at any time if they think that someone under 25 is driving it

Also one that says 'Don't Bother all valuables have been removed from the car' which i put in the window if parking anywhere.
Unread 09-24-2007, 11:08 AM
kea106

I have one that i got from ebay which says registered childminder with my phone number. Its brilliant for advertising especially at the school & toddler groups.
Unread 09-24-2007, 01:08 PM

Miss Muffet is on a distinguished road

I removed our 'child on board' sticker permanently as I found that other drivers would drive too close behind us - it doesn't happen much now that it's gone!! We just have a Darlington FC scarf and, at Christmas I have 'my other's car's a sleigh!' - I'm not allowed that one up all year!
Unread 09-25-2007, 06:07 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

sarahnev707 is on a distinguished road

I have Century Radio - the kids got me this one from the station on Salford Quays.... and a 'Registered Childminder' one with my mobile number for advertising.. I saw the one on Ebay Kea and made my own LOL... and a support poppy day one from 2005 - must take that one off!!
Sarahx
Unread 11-27-2007, 01:46 PM
Jayne

I have a camping and caravanning sign, a RSPB sign and a dangley Garfield. I am as sad as I sound..lol

Jayne :)
Unread 02-25-2008, 07:29 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Buzzybees is on a distinguished road

I've got a sign hubby thought he would treat me too! but it is good for advertising, it's got my name, moblie and reg childminder on the back window and does look good (don't tell him) just not my idea of a prezzy
Unread 02-25-2008, 09:58 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Chelltune is on a distinguished road

I have white lettering across the back window:

Interested in baby signing?
Visit www.Chelltune.co.uk

I don't think it has attracted business but it certainly makes people stop and ask me about baby signing.