Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 03-01-2011, 03:46 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

steffie123 is on a distinguished road
Default Creative Play

I am doing my level 3 diploma. Going well, though time consuming!
My assessor is observing creative play next week and our room theme is nursery rhymes. Any ideas anyone?
She has already observed painting and I work with babies under 2.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-01-2011, 06:25 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

wendy bob is on a distinguished road

hi there why not try making some face masks for the little ones to decorate and then act out a nursery rhyme after you have read them the story x
Unread 03-03-2011, 04:07 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, rhymes are highly creative, when added to any activity they can transform learning.

Row row your boat: upturn a table, provide oars - spades?, cushions and ticket conductor if wanted, enable the children to lead the action & role play ...
Hickory dickory dock: Make a jigsaw clock using a large box, clock face, hands, numbers, a chime/ gong and striker and mice .. paper or other
Round and round the garden: Have soft toys with outstretched hands/paws for tickling, rhyme book and giggle sticks.
I'm a little tea pot: Position a surface/tray inside a water play container and add picnic items - cups, saucers, teapots to serve the fish, frogs and ducks ..

Hth xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 03-05-2011, 04:52 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

mummy edwards is on a distinguished road

wendy bob idea is good you could do baa baa black sheep as most babies know that song, or baa baa pink spots doing sock puppets which they can put spots on
Unread 03-05-2011, 06:44 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

ray is on a distinguished road

Remember Creative Development in the EYFS also covers music and dance!!! So any singing and Hand Movements or the use of musical instruments counts as Creative Development. You could play a music C,D, and sing along to it....... or sing and have the children use musical instruments........ Good Luck
Unread 03-05-2011, 07:06 PM

pip squeak is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray View Post
Remember Creative Development in the EYFS also covers music and dance!!! So any singing and Hand Movements or the use of musical instruments counts as Creative Development. You could play a music C,D, and sing along to it....... or sing and have the children use musical instruments........ Good Luck
Great suggestion Ray. Can I just add to be creative make sure the adult direction is minimal, to allow the children to carry out the session in their own way, using free creative expression

Good luck with your assessment steffie123
Unread 03-08-2011, 04:52 PM

steffie123 is on a distinguished road

Thanks to everyone for all your suggestions - good idea to do music and dance, I was too busy thinking of making something!
Unread 03-08-2011, 07:48 PM

ray is on a distinguished road

We often do get bogged down trying to things to make, and forget about the other development matters of Creative Development. Singing , dancing and music are so much fun for the children and so easy for us. The least we direct them in this the better except for modelling it. This week had me doing a Highland Fling round the room to some Scottish reels and doing some " belly dancing" to some Arabic music..... I added some scarves with bells on and some floaty scarves to swing around to our music and dance box....
Unread 03-08-2011, 11:50 PM

CharlotteCribbs is on a distinguished road

you could do nursey rhymes such as
- Ten in the bed
Put a childs mat/bed on the floor add a blanket and pillow get
all the children together, put ten teddys/dolls on the bed and as you sing the song
take a teddy away each time e.g. Ten in the bed and the little one said roll over so they all rolled over and 1 fell out (get a child to take away a teddy)