Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 10-06-2013, 03:22 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Soph is on a distinguished road
Default Stuck and frustrated! Demonstrate how to work with others to review and prioritise your own learning needs

I have read and thought about this question so much that the words have just turned into another language!

I am doing a home study course so don't have an assessor come in to observe me and i am in a voluntary role so i don't have a completed appraisal from to submit for this one.

It says... you could upload your latest appraisal, but all sections must be completed, but i can't do that so i don't know how else i can demonstrate. Not in writing anyway.

SO STUCK!!

Any help would be much appreciated! Just a point in the right direction would be fantastic!!!

Thanks in advance

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-06-2013, 04:21 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, there are sample self appraisal forms on this thread. If you use or adapt them can you ask to fill them in with your supervisor/setting's lead, & confirm with your course provider if this evidence is suitable?

Best wishes
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 10-06-2013, 04:34 PM

Thanks for coming back to me.

I have emailed my tutor to see if this is something i can use although i don't suppose i will get a reply on a Sunday!

I am not sure if it would work because i think the key to this question is that i need to work with others to get to the outcome but without someone actually coming to see me working with the class teacher it is difficult.

I thought about doing a reflective account but still wouldn't know where to start.

The next question is pretty similar aswell:

Demonstrate how to work with others to agree your own personal development plan (you could upload you latest appraisal if there is a section about personal development)

This unit is a lot harder to get my head around than i first thought!
Unread 10-06-2013, 04:37 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

you are finding this hard because this is a DEMONSTRATE criteria one your assessor should be observing you do! how can you get a level 3 without being observed? youre just doing half a course and will not have a qualification or a license to practice
Unread 10-06-2013, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutu View Post
you are finding this hard because this is a DEMONSTRATE criteria one your assessor should be observing you do! how can you get a level 3 without being observed? youre just doing half a course and will not have a qualification or a license to practice
Yes i realise it is a demonstrate question. The only way i can demonstrate without being observed is by uploading a completed appraisal form which i don't have.

The course is a full course, not just a half. Studying half a course to receive a qualification which doesn't let me practice would be bizarre. My class teacher is able to write witness statements which are accepted as observations but they are only accepted for certain questions, this not being one of them. Hence why i am stuck.
Unread 10-07-2013, 07:46 AM

i think you will find a lot of courses are half courses inc those by big organisations. i often get people applying for jobs who havent been observed in their practice and if you look at at the standards from cache or wherever it says this MUST be observed other forms of assessment are not acceptable. what happens to those who apply without their applied theory being observed and assessed? they NEVER get the job. good luck
Unread 10-07-2013, 04:17 PM

just a point
this is THE RULE for all the childcare qualifications you MUST have an assessor who has the qualifications not just a witness

Requirements for Assessors
All those who assess these qualifications must:
• already hold the qualification (or previous equivalent qualification) they are assessing and have successfully assessed learners for other qualifications; if assessing quality assurance roles, they must have experience as a qualified quality assurance practitioner of carrying out internal or external quality assurance of qualifications for a minimum of two assessors
• have up-to-date working knowledge and experience of best practice in assessment
© CACHE 2013 Version 8.0 167
Section 4: Assessment and quality assurance information for tutors and assessors
and quality assurance
• hold one of the following qualifications or their recognised equivalent:
- the Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment, or
- the Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement, or
- A1 Assess Candidate Performance Using a Range of Methods, or
- D32 Assess Candidate Performance and D33 Assess Candidate Using Differing Sources of Evidence
• show current evidence of continuing professional development in assessment and quality assurance

AND

each unit says this
Learning outcomes VARIES must be assessed in real work environments by a qualified occupationally competent assessor. Simulation is not permitted.

these are rules, MUST you are being cheated by your provider i would love to know who it is. They are poor and should be stopped.
Unread 10-23-2013, 09:22 AM

My assessor IS my class teacher and early years co-ordinator and she holds the correct qualifications to be able to witness my demonstrations.

ANYWAY, assessment criteria passed and Unit 4 passed with flying colours! On to the next unit and one step closer to completing my full course :)

Thanks for your help Ruthierhyme, much appreciated

Unread 01-30-2018, 11:27 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

McSavage is on a distinguished road

Hi, i think im doing the same course. How did you get on. Found this thread as im stuck on the same question.
Unread 01-30-2018, 11:50 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi welcome to the site.

Does your setting have an appraisal system in place or opportunities for you to discuss your professional development?
the cost of ad blockers