Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 02-11-2014, 10:26 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

TAM14 is on a distinguished road
Unit 067 Meh!! Eymp4 Had Enough!

I have answered the first question but the next few are really doing my head in,, ive searched and searched through silkysteps and other places but i cant find any information that makes it simple to start writing i spent 2 weeks on this ive read through the childrens and young peoples work force and thats not like nothing in it ... if someone could help me or point me in the right direction of simple information that would be great or of any other books that might help... heres the questions::

1.Explain how the range of early years settings reflects the scope and purpose of the sector.

2.Identify current policies, frameworks and influences on the early years.

3.Explain the impact of current policies frameworks and influences on the early years sector.

4.Explain how the active participation of the children in decisions affecting their lives promotes the achievement of positive outcomes

5.Develop strategies to deal with areas of difficulty and challenges encountered in professional practice in early years settings

Thanks Again

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-11-2014, 12:08 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, have the links on the eymp 4 page helped

xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 02-11-2014, 12:17 PM

i did have a look at that and it helps abit with question 2 ,,, from what i have looked at do i need to write about each policy, framework and influences or link them together,?
as there is a whole list of policies ive found ad the framework being the EYFS ect, would the influences be the different theorists? and what they have an influence on in the EYFS and then regarding the different policies ... or have i just got myself confused? xxx
Unread 02-11-2014, 06:03 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

jennyz123 is on a distinguished road

The early years sectors has several policies, frameworks and influences. It’s important as practitioners that we know and understand them. The EYFS as bought in by the childcare act in 2008. It means that all early years’ providers are required to use the EYFS framework to ensure consistent and flexible approach to childcare. By doing this it will ensure that children reach the 5 every child matters outcomes.
Staying safe, Being happy, Enjoying and achieving, making a positive contribution and achieving economic wellbeing.
In 2012 the EYFS was revised the main changes and how we were affected are below.
• Reducing bureaucracy for professionals, simplifying the statutory assessment of children’s development at age five.
• Simplifying the learning and development requirements by reducing the number of early learning goals from 69 to 17.
• This makes our observing and monitoring better and easier to understand.
• Stronger emphasis on the three prime areas which are most essential for children’s healthy development. These three areas are: communication and language; physical; and personal, social and emotional development.
• For parents, a new progress check at age two on their child’s development. This links with the Healthy Child review carried out by health visitors, so that children get any additional support they need before they start school.
• Strengthening partnerships between professionals and parents, ensuring that the new framework uses clear language.
We should know the basic requirements on The United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child. This covers all children up to the age of 18. The UN approved the convention on the rights of the child on 20th November 1989. The government agreed with this on 16 December 1991. This means that legally all settings must do what it states and adhere to all laws, policies and practices it upholds.
We care for all children and the convention says that children should not be separated from their children. We will protect all children from violence, abuse and neglect, respect the children’s decisions and incorporate their ideas within out planning. We want all children to express themselves. Every child is entitled to an education and our main goal is to make child feel safe and secure whilst with us. We will treat all children as individuals and will not discriminate.
The children’s act 1989 helped to enforce the UNRC within the UK. The children’s act focuses on putting the child first, on making sure that every effort is made to ensure that the home and family life are linked and that the child should be listened to in court and their wishes and feelings should be taken into account.
The children’s act 2004 gives us the legal framework for “whole system reform”. It will support the governments long term plans to improve the lives of children and their families. The main aim was working together to safeguard children and the law was bought in making it a criminal offence to hit a child if it causes mental harm or leaves lasting marks on the skin.

The equality act provides clear framework to tackle disadvantage and discrimination. This means putting things in place that make it easier for children with disabilities and special educational needs to join in with all the activities at playgroup.
The act will also ensure that all the children and staff are treated as individuals based on their ability and development. This is mentioned within in our policies at playgroup like our admissions policy that we will not discriminate on admission, also staffing policy.
UNISEF who believe that “very child, no matter who they are or where they live, has the right to grow up safe, happy and healthy”
Some families may be unable to access early education for financial reason. In September 2010 the government introduced free 15 hours funding for all 3 ad 4 years old. This has been taken up by 96 % of families. Due to this more children were able to get an early education who otherwise may not have been able to due to financial restrictions. From September 2014 the government expect that 260.000 2 year olds will be eligible to receive the new 2 year funding, enabling even more children to access education.

Elizabeth Truss was appointed Parliamentary under Secretary of State for Education and Childcare in September 2012. She has written a paper on new childcare approaches. She says that despite the 7 million pound that the government has put into nursery education, a lot of early years still have quality and availability issues. She focuses mainly on cost of childcare. The average British family will spend 27% of their income will be spent on childcare making ours the second highest country to do so. She suggests that the high adult-child ratios may be to blame and thinks that with more training to early year’s staff will help to lower that number.
Unread 02-11-2014, 06:04 PM

jennyz123 is on a distinguished road

Is this the kind of thing you are needing?
Unread 02-11-2014, 07:52 PM

i think so,, i will give it another read properly and see,, Thankyou So Much,,, its just question 2 is such a pain!! xx
Unread 02-11-2014, 08:09 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

remebr it is identify so you don't have to explain or evaluate
Unread 02-11-2014, 08:25 PM

Bamblious_Bambi is on a distinguished road
Notebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM14 View Post
I have answered the first question but the next few are really doing my head in,, ive searched and searched through silkysteps and other places but i cant find any information that makes it simple to start writing i spent 2 weeks on this ive read through the childrens and young peoples work force and thats not like nothing in it ... if someone could help me or point me in the right direction of simple information that would be great or of any other books that might help... heres the questions::

1.Explain how the range of early years settings reflects the scope and purpose of the sector.

2.Identify current policies, frameworks and influences on the early years.

3.Explain the impact of current policies frameworks and influences on the early years sector.

4.Explain how the active participation of the children in decisions affecting their lives promotes the achievement of positive outcomes

5.Develop strategies to deal with areas of difficulty and challenges encountered in professional practice in early years settings

Thanks Again
Hello this is how i answered 4.
Children need to actively participate in decisions that will affect their life. Younger children need to make choices that are simple which will enable them to find out about what they like and dislike, for example; a choice between an apple and a pear. They will express their needs and wishes. Allowing children to make choices will build up a child’s confidence, self-esteem and their social skills. In my nursery we allow the children to make choices whether it is what they would like for snack, toys they want to play with and activities that they would like to do. This enables the child to develop more and make choices throughout their lives, these will lead to important choices such as; relationships, marriage, whether to gain a qualification, to have children, etc. these will be big decisions that will have a huge impact on their life. We need to actively listen to the child’s choices and any other ways that they maybe able to communicate their wishes such as pointing, signing, pictures these are all non verbal ways of communicating. We need to understand that children have voices and they should be heard and providing that they or others are not in any significant harm, then their wishes should be listened to and followed.

Hope this helps
Unread 02-11-2014, 09:22 PM

Okay Thank you all soo much for your help i really appreciate it xxxx
Unread 02-17-2014, 10:27 AM

Hi all i just wondered if you could help me with the last question

5.Develop strategies to deal with areas of difficulty and challenges encountered in professional practice in early years settings.

i understand its like to do with if a parent was to complain or something but i have nothing to get me started? Thanks Toni