Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 02-08-2014, 05:04 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Gail50 is on a distinguished road
Advice needed please CYPOP 22 2.2

[BCYOP[22 ]2.2 Explain effective strategies to overcome barriers to support the speech, language and development of children and YP with BESD[/b]

This is my first post to the website. I am on my final unit and due to complete the course in March, but I've hit the wall big time on the above question.

I identified barriers in the earlier question, grouping them into attitudinal, professional, institutional and environmental, etc. Maybe I went into a bit too much detail as I feel for this question I am just reversing what I identified earlier - not really strategies

All questions in this unit seems to be merging together and I'm getting muddled! Can anyone give a few pointers.

Thank you so much.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-04-2014, 11:49 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

sa11ybe is on a distinguished road

Sorry if this is too late but hopefully might help someone else as well:

If a child has difficulty understanding language, checking with them and asking them to repeat back in their own words what has been said is a good way to recognise when they don’t understand. Using their name first when giving instructions and facing them when giving information will help them to focus. Emphasising key words, using shorter sentences and only including the most important points and giving thinking time will help them to listen and then process information. Supporting what is being said with visual aids, such as pictures and gestures, visual timetables will help children to understand.
If a child has difficulty expressing themselves effective strategies include maintaining eye contact, being patient and using their name, giving positive feedback and building on what they have already said as well as prompting and providing the right words rather than correcting.
Role play is a good way to support children with communication problems as well as encouraging them to wait for a pause in conversation before taking their turn and praising good listening.

Sally
Unread 04-03-2014, 11:57 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

charlie67 is on a distinguished road
Help SOS

hi i am also on this unit i am struggling with 1.3 review and report on relevant research about the incidence of speech. language and communication needs and behavioral. social and emotional difficulties in children and young people.
just dont know where to start!!!!