Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 09-16-2008, 07:47 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

hazel lol is on a distinguished road
Default K3D219 not how but why?

Hi

I know there have been previous threads about this, but mine is slightly different as I have to write about WHY we need to support children's development (not how).

Just making notes on no 1 at the mo ..... 19 to go!!!!

I also have to provide evidence????

Feeling a little phased about this and stress levels are rising. If anyone as anything on any one of these points I would appreciate some guidance - but it is why and not how.

Thanks

-----------------------------------------

Unread 09-16-2008, 11:56 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

SomeoneSpecial is on a distinguished road

the qestion is why do we teach the children and help them?

imagine a child whos language isnt supported, the child is never talked to etc would thy learn to talk by themself?

imagine a child not supported in toileting would they learn to go to the toilet by themselfs? would they know to be safe and wash their hands?

supporting children helps them learn and develop which is important for them to reach their true potential, it is important so that children develop through different stages and make progress, its important so children grow up to be stable and accepted by society so that they "fit in" so they have the skills and confidance to be independant and make good relationships.

think about the different areas of development, if we didnt support fine motor skills would children learn to use pencils to write? what do we aim to achieve by supporting children emotionally?

for evidance maybe write about scaffolding? and other theories, talk about nature v nurture? is there evidance to suggest that without support then children dont reach their potential?

also maybe do an adult led activity and say without the support you gave the children wouldnt have got as much out of it.

maybe also talk about the types of support emotional, practical, encouragement etc, how would you support a child who had suffered abuse or a child who has a new sibling or a child who is advanced for their age and why would it be important to support them?

then i would also talk about the nspcc advert as evidance the one where the baby is crying in the cot, and it says "...doesnt cry anymore he knows no body will come" and you can talk about how because no one was there giving support this child's development suffered holisticly particulally their language and emotional development.

Lastly id give a paragraph brefly summerising everything.

I could just do this unit for you but i hope i have helped by giving you things to think about so you can answer in your own way

good luck

x
Unread 09-17-2008, 08:59 PM

Hi

What can I say - you certainly live up to your log in name. I really appreciate your suggestions - yes, I want to expand on what you have suggested in my own words.

I think yesterday I was coming down with a cold - today prepared with tissues etc - so when I decided to tackle this, I was doing it 1 question x 1 question and as I started going through I realised I was repeating myself - the end result as to why we support children is so that they learn, can achieve, which builds their self-confidence and self esteem, to make them feel good about themselves so in the future they will be good citizens and successful.

I appreciate the tips on the evidence - had thought about copying plans where it was evidenced that we had adapted an activity to include a child with special needs - don't get me wrong - we do this all the time, but the activity planned enforces this. AFL is a piece of evidence I had not thought of - on our sheets we have to show differentiation and so the evidence will be there, ie more support required for less abled/younger children.

I like the idea also about writing about the different areas of development.

I could go on but still have 2 reflectve accounts, this knowledge and start profiling for my child study which I got permission from the parent today - and it's already 9.00pm!!!! - another late night!!

Still, thanks once again - what you have suggested is just what I was asking for.

:rotfl:
Unread 09-17-2008, 11:26 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

SomeoneSpecial is on a distinguished road

glad i could help if you need anything else just yell lol
Unread 09-20-2008, 09:30 AM
powell

this is the hardest unit i think get this one done and it will get esier
Unread 09-20-2008, 10:43 AM

Hi powell

Yes, I agree - it just seems to go on and on and on and on ......
I've already done a 50 page assignment, now preparing 4 obs for child study and now have to write for this knowledge too ..... oh and I suppose there will need to be some obs by assessor too.

Can't wait to get this one signed off but its not one of the units I'm looking to finish before Christmas (boo hoo)

x