Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 04-24-2014, 01:41 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Rantiki is on a distinguished road
Default CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Early Years Education and Care (Early Years Educator)

Hey There
Anyone enrolling and starting this course this September on it's maiden voyage?. I have enrolled and been accepted based on my grades from this year and the assurance I can gain my Maths GCSE at pass grade alongside taking this course.

This apprently is replacing Cache Level 3 Children and Young People's Diploma however I believe that at least my college for this year is hoping to enroll students for both the current level three and this new one simultaneously.

I also have witnessed what Tutu has with over 95% of the level 2 course students now finding out they were misled and that equivalnecy tests now don't cut it for the new level 3 qualifictaion.

On one hand and maybe my class is not a correct view of the average person who takes this course, I hope not. This course does need to get harder and new people qualifying need to understand the responsibilities of what the job entails and how important it is that you are dedicated. Sadly on my course too many people see this as an easy and soft option, "it's only looking after children, after all".

However many of us were misled when we took level 2 and were not aware these changes were going to take place, that they are unwilling to offer some transitional help in many colleges is a disgrace. If you have the money and the time this may not be a problem. However come 2015 when everyone I am told must have Level 3 qualifications to work in settings how is this going to impact this profession.

I just wonder what are anyone elses thoughts, anyone else particularly parents pleased that they are raising the bar on the qualification?. Anyone feel that it's a step too far. I will admit I am new to Childcare as of now I have completed all assignments for Cache Level 2, am signed off completely apart from Peadiatric First Aid which we begin this coming Tuesday. This was not a profession I was interested in until my son was born and we found he was Autistic. Appalled at the provisions for such children I took the view I could whine impotently or I could enter the system myself and try and make a difference.

So my experience myself is not all exclusive, however I do have a passion for this profession now, and I am dedicated to give my best and better myself. I suppose I just wondered what the more experienced of you thought, and wondered what thoughts from people like myself facing a course that is so new.

Rantiki

-----------------------------------------