Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 11-10-2009, 07:28 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

dij is on a distinguished road
Default am i expecting too much

hi, bear with me this is my first posting.i've been doing my nvq ccld3 for 2 months now and not sure how much work i should be doing.sounds daft but i dont feel i'm doing enough to get finished in a year.my assessor doesn't want me to answer any knowledge questions,all my evidence will be based on observations etc. is this normal.sitting here not doing anything is driving me nuts.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 11-10-2009, 08:27 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

YES it is absolutely right. MOSt of your evidence should be gained through observations and reflective accounts. lazy assessors get people to write answers for the K questions which directly contradicts the CACHE guidelines which you will find in the front of the handbook. you could do some RAs but the focus should be on obs and then the work generated from that. read read and read some more and be grateful you have a good assessor because some of the stories i read on hear make me shudder, anyone can write answers to questions it doesnt guarantee knowledge at all. demonstrating it in practice is the absolute core of NVQs
Unread 11-10-2009, 09:56 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

daisypops is on a distinguished road

I agree with you 100%... I must have had lazy assessors!!!!
Unread 11-10-2009, 10:18 PM

thanks you've given me something to think about.surely doing some knowledge questions wouldn't hurt, even if its just research!!!
It probably sounds daft but how would prospective employers see from just my assessors evidence that i do know what i'm talking about.having done another well known qualification about 17 years ago and finding that this no longer seems to be recognised makes me nervous about how we prove to others that we know what we are doing.sorry its a garbled message
Unread 11-10-2009, 11:12 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

they dont look at your portfolio just your certificate. i am an employer and value it way over the `DPP which is a written course because like i said writing it isnt doing it. you will do written work to fill in the gaps, reflective accounts etc which you can do research for. the whole point of NVQs is being assessed doing it.
Unread 11-11-2009, 04:30 PM

thanks for your advice.it would be nice though to have some work to do,still waiting for email with questions etc.oh well can't complain there'll come a point when i'm snowed under with work.
Unread 01-30-2010, 12:56 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

twinthing is on a distinguished road

forgive me for replying to an old thread...I am new to the forum and am working my way though! I have to say I am so confussed over the nvq.....I am 4 months into my level 3, no visits from assesser as of yet, and I have been told by my tutor to work on the units that I have choosen as the mandatory ones will be covered in tutorials ( which I attend once a month) I cannot see how I will ever get it finished if I did not spend time writing about the knowledge questions, wriiting relfective accounts and doing research on the internet for vairous things...I have included observations into my evidence. I completed a level 2 qualification that was essay based....with a distance learning course and I realise that does not show how good you are in practice...but with only 3-5 visits being offered, I am worried that its just not enough! it also seems to me that the NVQ 3 is offered by different certification boards...( mine is cache) and that it is dependant of who your tutor is as to how they like it done! any one esle in the same boat as me?
thanks, Catherine .
Unread 01-30-2010, 06:05 PM

dmc is on a distinguished road

just starting nvq level 3 confused already help
Unread 01-30-2010, 06:06 PM

dmc is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmc View Post
just starting nvq level 3 confused already help