Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD

Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services and NVQ Level 4 Children's Care, Learning and Development. COPY and PASTE - search for plagiarism to make sure your work remains individual.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 03-18-2008, 06:43 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

donzo is on a distinguished road

Hi Butterfly

Sorry to hear that you have been unwell. i hope you are on the mend now.
I spoke to my assessor after my last post and she said that i have to answer evry k & U with as much detail as possible for example the first one i have to explain why and how what i write relates to the different act and policys............... i feel like giving up already

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-18-2008, 06:56 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

sally23 is on a distinguished road

Nooo dont give up - cos that will make me want to too!!! We can do this
I think with the knowledge and understanding its best not to waffle - be clear and precise - when we did my proffesional discussion to cover some of the k and u I was amazed that one little discussion could give me a tick and be signed off!
Im sure as we go along we will understand the format better and it will become clearer. With an NVQ we are doing most of it we just need to get it down on paper and reflect on it!!
Where abouts in the country are you??
Unread 03-18-2008, 08:11 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

donzo is on a distinguished road

hi sally
I am in hampshire how about you

thanks for the replies it helps just knowing someone else is out there
Donna
Unread 03-18-2008, 10:10 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Brandy is on a distinguished road

when i wrote answers for knowledge i asked myself, why do we do that, how does my setting do that, what effect does this have, and what if we did it another way, so basically how, why, and what if, once you get started youll be fine, it is a bit daunting at first, Ive nearly finished the end is in sight my assessor says, Ive done all my knowledge for the 9 units just finishing off and one unit to be observed and evidence checked etc.
Its taken me 12mths and its driven me mad at times some of the questions are strangely put, but when broken down are easier to tackle.
Good luck and dont give up take one question at a time, tick them off on a list that gave me encouragement, i could see i was getting somewhere.
Unread 03-19-2008, 06:10 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

sally23 is on a distinguished road

Hi Donna
Im in Northants.
Ive managed to work my way through the knowledge and understanding on 401 my assessor is not due in for another 2 weeks but she wants me to email them to her - I will see how I get on.
I then have to be observed doing a one to one with a collaugue covering the standards in 401
I now have to photocopy my certificates and link them into the standards of 402 - I think
Hope you have managed to get started - Im driving my husband mad at the moment