Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Work in general

Work in general Relax, pull up a chair & chat with friends about life in general and work within the early years sector

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 06-02-2009, 06:50 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

Kathie is on a distinguished road

sorry dkredbaron didn't put across properly what i meant. I didn't mean it to be aimed at you it was general, i don't doubt for a minute that your not dedicated and i know how important a family life is as a mother of 3 myself. my situation is very similar to your own and i know it is difficult to balance sometimes when there is loads to do. I hope you can get some help with this so it doesnt way on your mind to much

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-02-2009, 09:21 PM

dkredbaron is on a distinguished road

Thanks Guys for the advice ,i have had a word with the committee and they have agreed to pay one of the assisstants a little more,so i can give a little bit of work to her trouble is i have one who is not trained at all and another one thats trained but forgets things.i think i have to try and relax a bit and just enjoy the bit i love most about the job the children, as long as they are happy thats all that matters.
Unread 06-08-2009, 07:58 PM

FARLEYS is on a distinguished road

hi, i understand exactly what your saying, but I also agree with AIR you come into this job because you care about the children, i work 40.5 hours onsite with the children and then I do at least 4 hours admin every night that I dont get paid for........some people may say i do too much admin but thats my choice....I want to do the best i can, im in the job for my love of children and want them to have the best start in life that is possible. it is hard juggling a home life but you have to
Unread 06-08-2009, 11:00 PM

DizzyDora is on a distinguished road

I think the more you do unpaid the more you are expected to do. I refuse to do more than occassional work at home. I love my job and the kids and want the best for them, but that doesn't mean i should spend my free time working unpaid. How many other badly paid jobs have to take work home! (and if that means people think i'm bad at my job then so be it!)