Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Work in general

Work in general Relax, pull up a chair & chat with friends about life in general and work within the early years sector

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 08-20-2009, 09:39 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

Mini is on a distinguished road

I always wanted to be a nurse - ended up as Accounts/Wages person until children then found playgroup and stayed 25 years !!!!!!!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-21-2009, 10:13 PM
Wasp

Default other dreams

i used to dream of becoming a singer
for a few years i sang in Folk Clubs and even represented a local area
but them were the days long hair long skirts and a large drink call mead
Unread 08-21-2009, 10:33 PM

kittykatty2000 is on a distinguished road

To begin with I always wanted to be a few things like a vet, or working with animals,
luckly I got my chance when working with the horses in a riding school and learnt how to ride, then I manged to have my own for a while.

Also I wanted to become some sort of designer as I loved art and creating things on paper.

I also wanted to work with children but never knew how, so I worked as an outdoor activity instructor. Sadly though my back went and gave me so much pain, but now I love doing what I am doing, but would love to become a teachers assistant.

Oh of course one more thing I always wanted to become a singer lol

The only one dream I have that tops everything is that I would love to open my own craft shop as I love to do crafting and making cards and gift boxes.
Unread 08-21-2009, 11:11 PM

Possum is on a distinguished road

Well that's a good target to aim for for your retirement!
Unread 08-22-2009, 08:47 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

SamHill is on a distinguished road

Hi, when I was about 6 I went to a fairly fancy restaurant and wanted to become a waitress as they wore sweet white aprons and black dresses! Then I wanted to become a librarian as they had nifty stamps that made a "der-dunk" noise! I left school after my first term in 6th form having hated it. Worked in the local chip shop, eventually became a civil servant - working for the Crown Prosecution Service; secretary/receptionist, legal secretary in the City. Had babies and fell into this nursery lark! This is by far the best (though obviously not the best paid!) job I have ever had!

Sam
Unread 08-26-2009, 04:12 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

katy80 is on a distinguished road

i wanted to be a singer and perform on the stage, i went to college and was going to do performing arts but thought i should have a back up plan, i had always enjoyed looking after children especially as my mum is a nursery nurse too. so instead i did the diploma in nursery nursing and 10 years on i have never looked back....
Unread 08-26-2009, 09:24 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

daisypops is on a distinguished road
Smile

Hello Katy80, do you still do performing arts as a hobby? funny when you look back on what life was like way back when..... Where do the years go?!!
Unread 09-15-2009, 08:45 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

SomeoneSpecial is on a distinguished road

lol i wanted to be a farmer when i was very young-inspired by my great grand parents and the idea of having lots of animals

monkey is my fav animal so i then thought id go to the wild and studdy monkeys lol

next i wanted to be a medical person like my grandad who was a medic in the army

my nana wanted me to be a nurse so for a while i had that idea

my mum worked as a foster carer and i loved all the children so at that point decided i wanted to be pediatrition (baby doctor)

then in my teens decided i want to be an early years teacher then go on to work particually with children who have behavioural difficulties or sen.

still working towards that goal, just coming out of a nanny job with twins who have additional needs(loved it!) and im going into nursery work back near home :) so excited to be going home! Start teacher training next september at uni and cant wait!

also im persuing maternity nursing, i do the training for that this december and hope to do that weekends then full time throughout the holidays when im at uni :)