Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Early Learning activities

Early Learning activities A place to share information and request ideas relating to EY's activities

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 11-20-2007, 10:54 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation
Eco balls?

Does anyone use these in their nursery / at home?

Have you found them as effective as powder ?
the cost of ad blockers

-----------------------------------------

Unread 11-20-2007, 11:38 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Chelltune is on a distinguished road

I know Anne uses them all the time, I'm sure she said she finds them more effective than soapnuts.
Unread 11-21-2007, 12:27 AM
Sadierhianne

Hello - heres some info http://www.summernaturals.co.uk/inde...roducts_id=239

I know, i am just too lazy to write it all out

I have been using them for about hmmm 5 years, and i initially bought them because they save you a fortune, now i buy them because they are still saving me a fortune but also because of their environmentally friendly benefits.

You can wash no higher than 60 degrees with them and they are fine for things like towels and sheets and things that don't get bad stains on them - you do need to be vigilant with stains but there is a fantastic tube of stain remover in them and this is now available to buy seperately too. depending on how much laundry you stuff into the drum will affect the way that they work, they need to circulate and do not contain the chemicals that attaches normal detergent to the water molecules. Nor do they contain artificial whiteners, bleaches or phosphates so whilst they wash well, they remove the need for fabric conditioner, don't expect what you would get from a chemical wash.

That said i have washed with them for all these years and i am still putting my hand in my pocket for new ones. What i did used to do though was every few weeks, probably once a month, i'd wash my whites with ecover for just one load, i use soapnuts with borax and sometimes ecover laundry bleach now. One box of ecover washing powder lasted me almost 2 years i think.

The people who have bought the eco balls by ecozone like them, i have heard loads of complaints about the cheaper brands and there are loads of cheap copies on the m,arket now.

If you hated them, then they can still be used on darks, towels and bedding and mixed and matched with ecover powder. I get a lot of older people buying them, one customer said that although she doesn't wash loads, she didn't consider her clothes dirty enough to be wasting washing powder on but because eco balls worked out so cheap, they would last her her lifetime.

I think a lot of people buy them for money saving rather than their benefits on the environment - either way they are beneficial for the environment.

I like them, wouldn't sell them otherwise.
Unread 11-21-2007, 12:29 AM
Sadierhianne

I just noticed someone stole one of my images
Unread 11-21-2007, 02:55 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

through that image search link that was posted?

Makes me sad how some so easily jusify doing that

Thanks for all the information Anne, very interested to read about the smaller wash loads use !
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 12-03-2007, 12:27 AM
Sadierhianne

No Ruth - quite often people will """""BORROW"""""" an image because they see an already edited image in google images - why take time and energy taking your own photos and then editing them if they can take yours?

Mine are all soon to be watermarked i think. I don't actually mind anyone using my images but i'd rather they ask.

Yep - overfilling the washer, i think most people would get better results if they didn't cram their washer to bursting point - something i can also be guilty of.

anne