Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 07-18-2011, 08:02 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road
Default What are the strategies that support carers who react positively or negatively to partnership opportunities? Eymp 1

================================================== ===================
Find support for unit EYMP 1 Context and Principles for Early Years Provision here
================================================== ===================

Hi Everyone

I'm wondering if anybody could help, I'm trying to find out some info on this question, again i think i have brain freeze.

The question is
EYMP1 outcome3 3.3. Explain strategies to support carers who may react positively or negatively to partnership opportunities.

The book gives a few ideas but surely that can't be it any help would be appreciatted.

Lynne

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-18-2011, 09:29 PM

tinajpatterson is on a distinguished road

2 barriers to participation for carers most partnerships with parents run smoothly but sometime there can be a barrier in the way. A parent might not always have time to and feel guilty so this needs to be treated sensitively like making a parents session to suit their time. This parent session could have child care so making it easier to be involved. Other method for parents how lack time can be e- mails providing consent and security issues have been met may be a news letter. Learning journals and communication books are books that parents can take home and get information about what their child has been up to. Phone calls can exchange information too. Confidence on the parents behave may be they have had bad experiences of settings or interactions with other professionals. Sometimes it is best to let the parent make first contact then use all our communication skills to help this. Some people speak in another language or English is not their first language so encouraging a parent to bring someone who can help them understand what is being said this can also be needed in written formats but most computers can now change the language of written words. Disability can cause difficulties in the partnership the way to overcome these barriers are much dependent on the individuals need signing for deafness, large print for visual impaired, advocate .culture can affect this partnership anxiety can be caused for someone how doesn’t know what is expected of them. We always try our best to create partnerships working with carers but there are people how wish not to be involved and we must respect their wishes. And they shouldn’t be pressured into doing so. Sometimes stepping back can bring positive results. a more relaxed attitude can make cares feel more comfortable ad we might find out the reasons why attempts are not working. Parents are always encouraged to become more involved they could engage with other parents, give ideas.

hope this helps
Unread 07-18-2011, 09:45 PM

Hi Tina
yeah it helps but think i put alot of this in the section above which was - Review barriers to participation for carers and explain ways in which they can be overcome.

have i ansswered wrongly in the above qyestion or do you think it covers both questions.

Thanks for your help just getting abit confused between both questions. (BRAIN FREEZE AGAIN)

By the way congratulations

Lynne
Unread 07-19-2011, 06:14 AM

wendy bob is on a distinguished road

hi lynne
· An explanation of strategies that can be used to support carers who may react positively or negatively to partnership opportunities – its important to understand that not all parents wish to take part with working in partnership and some parents may react in a negative manner but by not putting any pressure on them it may result in them having a more positive attitude. Those parents who act in a positive way will tend to be more at ease with discussing their child’s progress. Some carers may find it difficult to accept their child needs assessments to identify possible learning difficulties this can be helped with being sensitive and listening to any concerns the parent may have and offering lots of support and information and give plenty of time for discussions, explain that they will be informed about any changes and that their child will not be singled out. Involve parents and the child with details of what they should expect and that if their child is put on an IEP that they can come off it at any time all information gained is confidential. If parents/carers are still not happy get SENCO to offer advice and also the head teacher to offer support to the parents and staff. Parents tend to accept it more if it’s about their child’s learning but find it more difficult to accept if it’s about their child’s behaviour. Its important to listen to what the carers and the child are saying and trying your best to explain its in the best interest of the child giving lots of advice and answering any questions they may. Explain that by getting outside agencies in they too can give advice to staff and parents in the best ways to deal with the situation in order for their child to reach their full potential, and hold meetings in school if its more convenient for the parents/carers.
hope this helps a little x
Unread 07-19-2011, 07:16 AM

Hi Wendy

i really got confused about the two questions don't know why.

Thankyou for our kind help i really appreciatte it and more to the point i think i understand why i was fetting confused. You can answer some of the questions with the same answer.

Lynne
Unread 02-12-2017, 05:40 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

chazzar98 is on a distinguished road

3.3 Describe circumstances where partnerships with carers may be difficult to develop and sustain.

Can anyone help me with this?!
Unread 02-12-2017, 10:22 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, pages 222/3 of the CYPW handbook looks at the possible barriers. They include time (parents or staff being in a hurry or needing to care for the children is a greater priority than talking with parents), home link books, emails, phone calls, confidence, language and literacy needs, disability, culture.

Hth
the cost of ad blockers