Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD

Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services and NVQ Level 4 Children's Care, Learning and Development. COPY and PASTE - search for plagiarism to make sure your work remains individual.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 09-07-2016, 07:58 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

ejwxo57 is on a distinguished road
SOS Giving up

I started my level 5 online back in January. Since then I left my job as a room leader and am currently working as a nursery nurse.

My tutor is not the most helpful woman and when I have asked her whether I should give it up - she's not responded.

To those out there who have completed the course (I am 20% through) is it worth sticking with even though I'm not in that role anymore or am I wasting my time?

Any help would be grateful! Thanks

-----------------------------------------

Unread 09-07-2016, 08:20 PM

nicky88 is on a distinguished road

I have recently completed my level 5 qualification. I was previously a supervisor at a nursery and I'm currently a teaching assistant at a school. don't give up i`ve completed the course in 8 months although I really pushed myself throughout. I`m now completing two more units to gain the managerial qualification. this is a fantastic course as if you were to loose your job applying for another job would be so beneficial with a higher qualification. keeping ploughing through it will be worth it in the end hunny xx
Unread 09-08-2016, 10:27 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, I'm echoing nicky88 in don't give up. Are you still be able to access or be part of the management & running of the setting so as to complete the course? and would there be a financial implication if you left it?

Please don't judge your tutor for not responding, leaving a qualification part way through is a very personal decision and one only you can make xx

Best wishes with everything
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 10-12-2016, 09:39 AM

TaffyKate is on a distinguished road

I was in the same position as you, the setting I was working in has been closed, I was gutted, I'd been there for four years and completed my level 2 and 3 and over half way through my level 5. Working so hard to get my work done, but that wasn't enough..... or not enough time (I have a job alongside working in a nursery and doing collage course, why isn't cloning easy hey?). I ended up HAVING to sign my course off for 13 weeks, I was so gutted, all my hard work just wasn't enough, it was like my dream was just slipping away and I didn't have have any options. I'm not ashamed to say when i got home after doing it i cried.... and like a baby.
Any way, the day after I was in my main job when someone come in to see me saying the head teacher in the local infants/junior school wants to see me, so off I go the next day to see her and within 15 min of talking to her I had a new job and I my course was safe.
Guess what I'm rambling on about is that don't give up, every cloud has a silver lining and if you have issues with your tutor you should go and talk to your collage about the issues your having.
Keep your chin up lovely xxxx
Unread 10-23-2016, 12:04 PM

ejwxo57 is on a distinguished road

Thank you so much to everyone that responded. My boss said there's chance to move in in the nursery but there are no available positions at the moment. I had a sit down chat with my tutor and explained how I'm struggling and need her support more. She explained that I will find some of it hard now I'm not in a room-leader position but to basically get on with it and see how I go. Although, that was last month and I still haven't heard back from my tutor (shocker!) I'm going to speak to my college about giving me a new assessor! Fingers crossed!

Thanks again for your lovely messages! x