Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 07-04-2016, 11:53 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

bucketblake is on a distinguished road
Default Help Needed with barriers to partnership

hi everyone. Ive passed my partnership assignment but I have one area left which I didn't cover, and I just cant seem to think straight.

I need to answer 'give some specific examples of when barriers to partnership cannot be overcome and why'

Can anyone please help me.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-07-2016, 12:20 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, if you have this eye level 3 handbook page 152 contains a table of barriers that are a challenge to overcome.

They include time, priorities, knowledge, approach, communications, relationships respect and trust, sharing information.

Consider your setting and its relationship with parents. Who are most engaged with the setting's work and who are distant, consider why that distance is there.

Hth
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 07-07-2016, 04:37 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

bucketblake is on a distinguished road

Thanks I added all those in my.assignment... the thing my assessors wants is barriers that can't be overcome? I can't think.of any
Unread 07-10-2016, 09:54 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

They can be viewed as barriers that can't be overcome. We can always hope that the partnership between a setting and its parents is strong enough to overcome anything but in reality if any one of those is felt strongly enough it will be a challenge to breakdown.

Time
- do any of your parents have work commitments that mean they're unable to attend meetings, drop or pick up their child, or maybe are tied to such a tight deadline that they're in a rush in the morning or evening and can't stay to talk about how their child's day went/how things are going at home?

Priorities - have you encountered times when parents have different priorities than the setting? eg. maybe sends in food and drink they know their child likes but the setting feels is less healthy? prefers to let their child stay up until they fall asleep meaning the child attends the setting tired? Is worried about their child's health and safety to the extent they ask the setting to keep their child inside if it's raining or damp outside?
the cost of ad blockers