Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 06-28-2016, 12:04 PM
Contributor

helpineedtofinish is on a distinguished road
I have a question Help really stuck Unit 7 legislations

Hi,

I've been stuck on this same assignment for a long time now. Unit 7, Assignment 1. It's to do with promoting the Health, safety and well-being of children in early year’s settings. First I had to research different types of legislation, one of which included the Protection of Freedom Act 2012.
I am still a bit confused by this one if I'm honest- so any light you can shed on that would be really great!
Then I had to explain how the legislations were implemented in my setting. I work in a small nursery and seeing how I don't fully understand the legislation, again anything you can tell me about this would be really helpful. (I know you don't know what my nursery is like but just anything really as I am really stuck on this one!)
Thank you so much!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-28-2016, 01:03 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation
Smile

Hi, firstly thank you for your support.

Legislation is implemented through the early years framework, EYFS if you work in England and the setting's policies and procedures. They are what guides every aspect of practice.

What is the Freedom of Information Act 2012

Quote from this page of ICO.org

Can I access personal information about my child?

Information about children may be released to a person with parental responsibility. However, the best interests of the child will always be considered.

Even if a child is very young, data about them is still their personal data and does not belong to anyone else. It is the child who has a right of access to the information held about them.

Accessing school records

Think about the information that you keep about each child and what happens when someone asks to see it.

What legislation have you researched and how do they link to what your setting does? eg.

RIDDOR: The Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and and Dangerous Occurences Regulations 1995
Storing chemicals and substances: The Control of Substances Hazardous to health Regulations 2002 (COSHH)
First Aid kit: Health and Safety (First Aid) Regultions 1981
Risk assessments: The Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992
Staff training: The Childcare Act 2006
Fire drills: The Childcare Act 2006 and The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
Named Fire officer: The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
No smoking policy - The Childcare Act 2006
Identity check of those collecting children: The Childcare Act 2006
Food Hygiene training for staff: The Food Hyhgiene (England) Regulations 2006 and The Childcare Act 2006

Look for Legislation in your handbook index and see what it says for Health and Safety

Best wishes
the cost of ad blockers