Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 09-24-2011, 12:51 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Aleezia is on a distinguished road
Alert Level 2 CACHE Children's Care Learning and Development

Hi All,

I have just started the CACHE Level 2 CCLD course with ICS and i am finding it difficult to begin my first assignment Unit One: Principles and Values underpinning the Care, Learning and Development Sector. It does not have a specific question but states:
Choose one of the following: Guidance notes, Information booklet, Audio Tape and Transcript, Leaflets, Charts or another format or combination of formats, that allow you to present the following information about principles and values underpinning the care, learning and development sector.

Points are listed from P1 to D with mini questions next to each point i.e. P1 - Describe the principles and values underpinning the care, learning and development sector.

My main question is do i write an essay trying to answer each question?

If anyone has done this course your help would be greatly appreciated

-----------------------------------------

Unread 09-25-2011, 01:51 PM

Tilby is on a distinguished road

Hi there,I've just finished this course and have obtained Distinctions so I hope I can help you out.
Units 1, 3 and 4 can be presented in essay form. (2000- 3000 words ) Unit 2 is a multiple choice paper.
P questions are 'pass' questions M= merit D= distinction. all need answering in detail but keep in mind that if you look at the points awarded for P, M and D questions you'll see that D is worth the most points and therefore the question which requires the most detail, a full explanation supported with examples to show your understanding etc.
My advice is to contact your Tutor for any handouts they have, it really does help!.

Good luck, I'm happy to help out if I can!
Unread 09-25-2011, 07:02 PM

Aleezia is on a distinguished road

Wow! Congrats on achieving a Distinction. I would be so pleased if i get a pass let alone a Distinction! My tutor is away on holiday for two weeks and i am finding it so hard to start the first assignment. I would be so grateful if you could provide me with advice on how you started P1 - Describe the principles and values underpinning the care, learning and development sector. Did you give examples of the principles and values? If so, how many examples did you do?

I would also appreciate it if you could tell me how many words you did for P1?
Unread 09-26-2011, 04:40 PM

I was in the same boat, it's been years since I did any form of study and I never thought I'd get through it let alone get good grades!
P1 asks you to describe the Principles and Values underpinning CL&D sector, If you've been given the same course book I received from ICS you'll find the Principles and Values listed on pages 176-177.
These just need putting into your own words.
Head each answer with the letter and number you are answering e.g. P1 P2 P3
As the D question is worth the most marks, devote more of your 'word quota' to this question, It's hard to give you a figure as I don't know the detail you will go to in order to answer. Make you answers clear, concise but cover everything you feel each question needs so that you are happy you have answered the question including the facts and points you want to cover.
You'll get there!!! Units 3 and 4 are sooooo much easier I promise!
Unread 09-26-2011, 06:59 PM

p.s Ooops about the typo !!!
Unread 06-16-2015, 04:25 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

debbie98 is on a distinguished road

hi im doing level 2 cache , i was wondering if i could have some help with this question its unit 2.1 , the question is this : the early years framework is enforced/structured/run/created by two certain pieces of legislation. identify the pieces of legislation involved and explain the impact on the early years practitioner ???
thank you
Unread 06-16-2015, 06:03 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, welcome to the site. If you work in England the framework is EYFS and it refers to the Childcare Act 2006 and the equality act 2010

There's also a duty to meet the requirements of section 35 of the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006, have awareness of section 122 of the Education Act 2002, the Children and Families Act 2014, Data Protection Act (DPA) 1998 and the Freedom of Information Act 2000.

Links to the home nation's early years frameworks

If possible can you contact your tutor to clarify what you need to be researching?

Hth
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 04-18-2016, 09:59 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

SarahPate is on a distinguished road
Default Level 2

Im wondering if anyone can help, I'm on 1.2 Describe with examples how different aspects of development can affect one another. Its just im not understanding the question given, would be grateful for any support