Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD

Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services and NVQ Level 4 Children's Care, Learning and Development. COPY and PASTE - search for plagiarism to make sure your work remains individual.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 12-28-2013, 07:48 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

regretstudying is on a distinguished road
Default Explore Models Of Disability

Just wondering if anyone has done this unit and any pointers on where to start, as not sure where to begin. Thanks

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-19-2014, 08:47 PM

Michelle12345 is on a distinguished road

I'm doing this unit now and really stuck on 1.2 analyse how individuals experience different theoretical models of disability. If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be fab Tia
Unread 01-31-2014, 04:19 PM

regretstudying is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle12345 View Post
I'm doing this unit now and really stuck on 1.2 analyse how individuals experience different theoretical models of disability. If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be fab Tia

There are four main models of disability, these are;
• The charity model
• The medical model
• The social model
• The rights based model

The rights based model and the social model of disability are both closely related. The main point of view within the charity and medical models is that the problem is viewed as being the disabled individual whereas within the social and rights based model the problem is viewed as being the disabling society.

This is how i started mine, and then I put lots of examples of how medical and social help and don't help the child.

Not sure if this has been any help and hope you are getting on ok - I have submitted mine, but it will probably come back again as very unsure if I have reached all the points.