Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 12-06-2013, 10:51 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Wenchette is on a distinguished road
Default Referencing

Hi I need to reference my work I have used 2 handbooks to help me but I've also received help from CYP 3.1 units on here I haven't copied but have read through & put my answers in my own words do I need to put down that I have looked at this website & if so how would I do this also do I just need to do it at the end of my work or next to the bits I have looked at for help I'm a bit confused thank you

-----------------------------------------

Unread 12-06-2013, 07:25 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

if you quote you put it in the body of the text "blah blah blah " said Tutu ( 2013) if you paraphrase i.e. write it in your own words yo put it at the end of the part you have used your own words(tutu 2013)
Personally if my students use this site and reference it i give them the work back and tell them to find a proper source. but if you have a nicer tutor then at the end of the paragraph you have written then put ( www.silkysteps etc.)
Unread 12-06-2013, 10:07 PM

Default Referencing

Really why would you do that is this not a good site to be learning from? It is not anybody's work I have used just ideas from the learning outcomes that have helped me. Has anybody else used this site to help them & referenced it?
Unread 12-07-2013, 04:16 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

yes all the time i have chucked off 2 students for plagiarising from here over the last 2 years and people cut and paste all the time. In my view and the view of many tutors if you can't research and write it yourself should you really be moulding young minds? sensible questions yes but so many just cut and paste it is obscene. Our essay scanning programme brings us here almost weekly.
Unread 12-07-2013, 04:51 PM

Ok thanks for your reply could I just also ask I'm only using 2 handbooks & my school to help me at the minute is it ok just to put these down as a reference I have been told my work is ok from unit 1 just need to reference it but I haven't looked any further than these for my answers thanks christine. sorry for all the questions I just can't seem to get my head around it!