Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 07-29-2013, 12:19 PM
Contributor

Charlie22 is on a distinguished road
General question Value all childrens individuality and differences

Hope somebody can point me in the right direction with this question... A description of why it is important for the playworker to value all children and young people's individuality and differences. Thank you so much for you help!!!!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-29-2013, 01:55 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

LKP is on a distinguished road

Hi,
It is vital for practitioners recognise and value individuality. Think about if you had a child that had different likes or beliefs to you, would you not let them talk about them, or not celebrate it? Even if it is a baby and the parents have decided to bring them up a certain way, as long as it's appropriate, you must ensure you make no judgements. Things like: 'I wouldn't feed my baby that', or 'I wouldn't let my child wear that' is inappropriate. Think here on what affect it would have on the child? Perhaps they realise you think they are 'different' does that mean they are in the wrong and should change? Maybe they over hear you say something against their differences? This will harm the child in the fact it will lower their self esteem and confidence, but also lower the chances of them participating in their own learning and development. For example, them believing they are 'no good' or 'wrong'.

Also think about a disabled child, because they have different needs to another child, it is essential the practitioner meets and promotes them. Firstly we would not be fulfilling our role if we didn't (which also abides by the Equality Act) and secondly this child could be missing out on vital life experiences or developmental chances because we are not valuing their differences and promoting an inclusive practice.

Hope this helps
Unread 07-30-2013, 02:35 AM
Contributor

Charlie22 is on a distinguished road
Thank you so much LKP you are a star That helped me lots :jump: