Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 11-22-2011, 03:25 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Fulham Supporter is on a distinguished road
Default Manual handling & safe lifting EYMP 3

Hi
I am stuck on EYMP3 6.3 Explain how to protect themselves when lifting and handling children and equipment in the setting.
I suppose the answer is obvious, but, I have been studying for ages, and cannot get my head around this.

Any help appreciated.
Thank You X

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-06-2012, 04:55 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

you need to google safe lifting, your setting shoud have a guidance leaflet on it and there is training available in most boroughs
Unread 03-19-2012, 11:18 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

minkymoo is on a distinguished road

This is my first 'help' response, first post actually! Hope it's useful. You may only need some info from the last bit about manual handling but thought I'd pop it all in :)

The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 is an Act of the Parliament that as of 2008 defines the, regulation and enforcement of workplace health, safety and welfare within the United Kingdom. It outlines the responsibility of all to consider and act concerning their own safety and that of others. Not acting in a situation that warrants something done to prevent a possible injury or to remove the threat of a health and safety issue is considered negligent if the action were ‘reasonably practicable’. Staff are expected to keep areas tidy and clutter free to help avoid dangerous situations.

The Act defines general duties on employers, employees, contractors, and persons in general. The creation of the Health and Safety Commission and Health and Safety Executive which have now joined together gave extensive enforcement powers, ultimately backed by criminal sanctions extending to unlimited fines and imprisonment for up to two years.

Under section 7 all employees have a duty while at work to:
• Take reasonable care for the health and safety of himself and of other persons who may be affected by his acts or omissions at work; and
• Co-operate with employers or other persons so far as is necessary to enable them to perform their duties or requirements under the Act.

The Manual Handling Regulations 1992 make it a legal requirement for schools to carry out Risk Assessments.

If lifting or carrying pupils or equipment training should be given. Only lift if necessary and use any appropriate equipment provided. Again training for this should be provided. Share the load if necessary. Bend knees and keep back straight. Schools should have a manual lifting policy. As with the Health and Safety at work act, adults have a responsibility to care for themselves.
Unread 03-21-2012, 07:34 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Fulham Supporter is on a distinguished road

I did manage to answer this question in the end, but, thank you for taking the time to reply and help.
X
Unread 07-14-2013, 05:09 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

hamziya is on a distinguished road

Hi I am stuck on EYMP3 6.3 Explain how to protect themselves when lifting and handling children and equipment in the setting. pleeeeeeeeese help me my last day is 18th of this month to handover the papers. asha
Unread 07-14-2013, 05:26 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, the information on this thread is very helpful. If you need more the search page will find others.
the cost of ad blockers