Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > EYs Foundation Degree

EYs Foundation Degree Please use this forum to discuss the Foundation Degree ... assignment queries, integration of information into practice and other areas of learning ..

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 11-05-2012, 08:36 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

kirkycharlie is on a distinguished road
ou dregree

hi anyone doing E105 with the ou i am currently doing this and would be great if could maybe speak to someone who has either done or doing it

-----------------------------------------

Unread 11-18-2012, 02:59 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

FARLEYS is on a distinguished road

Ive completed E100, E105, ED209 and E210 with OU and now have my foundation degree, so will help if i can xx
Unread 01-29-2013, 10:02 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

kirkycharlie is on a distinguished road

can u help me understand this tma

Task 1: Narrative account (1100 words)

Write a narrative account addressing the following question:

Discuss how you have enhanced your knowledge and understanding of play and learning theories, and your approaches to promoting young children’s learning as a result of your investigation.

In your account, you should:

identify and discuss the factors which influenced the choice of your key question and the focus of your investigation
provide an analysis of your practice, including discussion on the main learning theory or theories that are evidenced within it
support your analysis with short examples from the data you gathered during your investigation, as well as appropriate reference to module materials
evaluate the impact of the analysis on your practice identifying areas for development
discuss how the evidence documented on the PP recording forms demonstrates the development in your practice.
As you write your account, you should:

follow the guidance on writing a narrative account
link your ideas and discussion to the relevant stages of the Reflective Practice Cycle, to demonstrate your understanding of how you are using this as a reflective tool
explain and discuss how your views, attitudes and beliefs are being challenged by your investigation through links to the 3 layer model
refer to module materials to support your discussion
provide a word count at the end of Task 1.
Task 2: Reflective discussion (850 words)

For this task, you will provide an evaluation of the development of your thinking and practice through Block 3, focusing on the following question:

How has your understanding of how the different theories view the child as a learner, and the role of the adult, changed as a result of engaging with the 'Hats' forum?

In your discussion, you should:

make specific reference to at least two contributions from the 'Hats' forum for each aspect (the learner and the role of the adult) – a minimum of four contributions in total – to support your discussion and reflection
draw on a mix of your own contributions and those of your fellow students
draw on your selected contributions to evidence your developing knowledge, understanding and practice
identify and discuss any changes you have already made or intend to make to your practice as a result of your engagement with the 'Hats' forum
support your ideas, thoughts and reflections with appropriate reference to module materials.
Self-reflection (50 words)

Write a few sentences reflecting on what you found interesting about this assignment, and what you found difficult. The things you found interesting might include the subject matter, the ideas you encountered, or thinking and writing in new ways. The things you found difficult might include the writing itself, the ideas you worked with, the skills you needed to draw on, or anything else that was relevant to your work on the assignment
Unread 05-08-2013, 08:14 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

zahidakaton is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FARLEYS View Post
Ive completed E100, E105, ED209 and E210 with OU and now have my foundation degree, so will help if i can xx
Hello FARLEYS

I am new to this forum and hope you are well and ok
I thought you would be the best person to talk to as You have completed the degree. I have done e207 and now am on the last module e210 and I am struggling immensly. My father passed away 2wks ago and I am now at the end if my tether. I am on tma6 and I have had a mental block and if i do not pass then I will fail the module. Please could you help me. Sorry for waffling on.