Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 02-05-2013, 05:37 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Ally T is on a distinguished road
Default Application form to do Level 3 Diploma help...

Hi, I have a application form from my local authority to do the course with funding and there are a lot of questions. I have been staring at one question since 1pm today and I was wondering if someone out there could just re-phrase it in simple terms as I just don't know how to answer it. Here it is...How do you demonstrate that you assess development and reflect upon implications for practice? I haven't even started the course and am having trouble! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-05-2013, 07:19 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, welcome to silkysteps. Its asking about the methods you use to monitor and track children's development/enabling you to make assesments eg. the observations you make in the setting - types, the way you share moments/observations of what's happening or happened with colleagues, parents and the children, create children's journals together, or diaries maybe, keep records of development, use other resoures to support your assessments eg. development charts, books, professional advice.

Reflect on the implications means to look at what you discover about individual children's development and how that might change practices eg. have activities that can be adapted, have positive parent partnerships, organise meetings that enable the setting to support the children and parents, know external service providers and referal systems.

Have you asked if the LA are offering funding for level 2s? If you haven't completed one already you might find it a helpful foothold xx

Enjoy the site :)
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 02-05-2013, 09:08 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

You should really think about applying for a level 2 this is where you will learn about observation methodology etc. like a gcse before the A level.
Unread 02-05-2013, 10:11 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Ally T is on a distinguished road

Thank you for your reply. It was very helpful. I have been childminding for 3 years and have a 'good' rating. I have been told to go straight to Level 3 but I will speak to the LA for more advice.