Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Work in general

Work in general Relax, pull up a chair & chat with friends about life in general and work within the early years sector

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 10-21-2012, 01:59 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Mrs Frog is on a distinguished road
Help SOS Help with issue at Nursery where I work

I am leaving my employment to work at another nursery,a smaller one,at My leaving interview I was told that a parent had made a complaint about me 3 weeks ago,this is the first I have heard of the complaint,I raised my voice to a child who had pushed 2 other children from the top of a slide whilst they were on the ladder,I was some distance away so I had to raise my voice which I never do,why are they only just telling me now after I have handed my notice in?Some advice please thank you

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-31-2012, 10:10 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

george3 is on a distinguished road

it should of been mentioned at the time but the nursery are probably just trying to make you feel bad because you are leaving.
Unread 10-31-2012, 09:01 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

agree, very unprofessional
Unread 11-18-2012, 02:49 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

FARLEYS is on a distinguished road

very unprofessional...... and probably has been brought up only because you are leaving, if it was a big issue it would have been mentioned at the time!!! xx
Unread 11-21-2012, 09:15 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Frog View Post
I am leaving my employment to work at another nursery,a smaller one,at My leaving interview I was told that a parent had made a complaint about me 3 weeks ago,this is the first I have heard of the complaint,I raised my voice to a child who had pushed 2 other children from the top of a slide whilst they were on the ladder,I was some distance away so I had to raise my voice which I never do,why are they only just telling me now after I have handed my notice in?Some advice please thank you
Again i think they are saying this because you are leaving, why did they bring it up, they would only tell you now if it was a big issue and warnings etc.

How petty

Anyway enjoy your new job, it sounds if you are better off out of there.

Lynne