Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 04-23-2011, 05:20 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

tinajpatterson is on a distinguished road
eymp2 areas of learning i know the answer but didn't know if i had to sub divide

i have explained the 6 areas of learning but didn't know if i had to explain each sub tilte like persoanl social and emtional i have written about this but do i need to write about disposition and attitude, self confidence and self esteem, making relationships, behaviour and self control, self care and sense of community seperatley
please can anyone just say i do or no you only have to explain the 6 areas as i have done.

Thanks T

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-26-2011, 10:21 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Alison Day is on a distinguished road

Hi
Im just about to start this and am also not sure how much detail to go into, did u manage to get any answers from anywhere??
Thanks Alison
Unread 04-27-2011, 06:55 PM

PeePe is on a distinguished road

Hi, I have had this unit signed off, I am presuming you mean for the first task..... I write a small paragraph on each detailing how providing opportunities in this area how learning could be encouraged and developed.

For example, communication, language and literacy can be supported and extended by.....encouraging children to listen speak and communicate with others. They must also be given opportunities to build confidence, develop and improve their communication, language and literacy skills.

I hope this is the part you were referring to (part 1.2) ...if not please post the question and ref and I'll try to help.

:-)
Unread 04-27-2011, 07:04 PM

tinajpatterson is on a distinguished road

i have just spoken to my tutor she says a paragrapgh on each area stating the general value to the child so no need to sub title thankfully

T
Unread 04-27-2011, 08:48 PM

Alison Day is on a distinguished road

Lovely, thank u both.
I started writing a paragraph about each area and was wondering whether u need to go into detail about each aspect. So ive decribed the area of learning and listed the different aspects to each area.
Unread 09-11-2011, 09:47 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

shafk is on a distinguished road

Hello,

I have included short paragraphs on each of the six areas of learning and development. But i'm sure on what is meant by 'Explain how these are interdependent'

Any help would be great!
Unread 09-12-2011, 02:00 PM

lyn c is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafk View Post
Hello,

I have included short paragraphs on each of the six areas of learning and development. But i'm sure on what is meant by 'Explain how these are interdependent'

Any help would be great!
Hi
This is what i wrote fro this section but i have wrote about a child that i worked with at the time:

It is important to remember that these six areas of learning do not work in isolation but are in fact interlinked. Good quality activities will cover more than one area of development. For example, allowing children to access the outdoors will not only support their physical development, but encourage their communication and exploration of their environment. Where a child experiences a delay in one area, it is likely to limit their learning and development in the other five...a child with cerebral palsy who experiences hand-eye coordination difficulties is likely to find completing a puzzle difficult therefore hindering her problem solving, reasoning and numeracy. It is therefore vital that settings recognise each child’s individual needs and plan holistically in order to help children achieve their full potential across the six areas of learning.

Hope it helps

Lynne
Unread 09-12-2011, 04:25 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

shafk is on a distinguished road

Thanks Lynne. That's helped me a lot. Gives me some ideas on how I can relate this within my setting :)

xxx
Unread 09-12-2011, 04:42 PM

lyn c is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafk View Post
Thanks Lynne. That's helped me a lot. Gives me some ideas on how I can relate this within my setting :)

xxx
Hi

Yeah it took me along time to interpret this question and i think that is exactly what every one thinks that an example would be good, i do know this is a level 3 question but if you don't understand it you can't answer the question, if that makes sense

Lynne