Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 09-01-2011, 09:42 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Funnymummy is on a distinguished road
Default Planning a Lesson

Hi, presented a unit today but unfortunately not enough information on it. One of the questions was how would I assist in planning a lesson. Teachers do all the planning at my school the TA's are not involved. I have to think of a lesson I could plan for. Does anyone have any ideas for a year one or two primary group please.

Thank you

-----------------------------------------

Unread 09-02-2011, 08:07 AM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

tinajpatterson is on a distinguished road

I have been online there are lots of websites lesson ideas and printable worksheets on
Unread 09-02-2011, 03:12 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

wendy bob is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnymummy View Post
Hi, presented a unit today but unfortunately not enough information on it. One of the questions was how would I assist in planning a lesson. Teachers do all the planning at my school the TA's are not involved. I have to think of a lesson I could plan for. Does anyone have any ideas for a year one or two primary group please.

Thank you
hi funnymummy,
how about planning a craft activity which relates to a theme in class, just a thought x
Unread 09-06-2011, 04:05 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

little-roo is on a distinguished road

I love craft activities! There is a good website such as activityvillage.com which had lots of crafts depending on the different theme. After looking at these crafts my mind wanders and I go in search of things in my home that I can use and I make up my own activities. With craft activities I find it is useful when the children can see the example.

On another note and personal experience....
I took a group of children outside to do a 'number hunt' which linked in with mathematics, being outdoors and increasing their physical and cognitive development, so that they could find a specific hidden number. If they did not find the number I had asked them to find, I would give them clues and get them into pairs etc. When the children had found the number, they had to tell me what it was and match it up with some numbers I had on the floor.

When I was asked if I could do a maths activity, I was a bit 'oooohhh errrr how do I do that.' But after thinking and talking to the teacher, I planned and carried out the number hunt and the children and I had a good time.

Best of luck with what you do, little-roo