Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > OFSTED

OFSTED Discuss everything related to Ofsted in here ..

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 07-25-2011, 09:47 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

wendy henshall is on a distinguished road
Default Was positive but now feel like throwing the towel in!

Please can anyone help me, I have run an Out of School Club for 11 years, am NVQ4, have other NVQ4 staff and also a teacher working with me.
So I am due to be Ofsted anytime now, and have been told my EYFS planning is not appropriate. I have about 8 forms in place, learning journals, observations, photos, post its, learning intentions, monthly assessments.... apparently my LA says it is not enough. I open for 3 hours a day, and can honestly say I spend another 5 hours a day on paperwork. I am honestly thinking of going to work for someone one.
I have 3 EYFS children who each spend a maximum of 5 hours a week in my Club!
Does anyone have a simplified form they could email to me? I would gladly email back my several forms that I currently use.
Thanks in advance

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-26-2011, 03:54 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

remember your la arent ofsted. you just need to prove that you are aware of the outcomes and that each child has a key person who provides suitable activities. as long as that is in place ignore the LA advisors theyre not gods and few have experience of play settings.