Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 06-20-2011, 10:56 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

AnnieC72 is on a distinguished road
Explain the importance of positive relationships for development & wellbeing

Hi I am due to finish my Diploma level 3 in exactly 4 weeks time and am panicing, its a 9mth course but i've only had 4mth's to complete it. Got 21 units and only cleared 8... HELP !!!!!!
I dont know if im supposed to answer this in general as a whole or if i have to break it down into sections ??? Be grateful of any help to shed some light, thanks so much x

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-21-2011, 07:10 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

tinajpatterson is on a distinguished road

Babies need love and attention from the day they are born. This is not just to meet their physical needs, such as feeding, changing, bathing etc. Love and attention from adults is really important for the development of good mental health, that is, the ability to form good relationships and to learn to develop in the best possible way.

Comfort to feel secure and understood babies and toddlers need main carers and staff to give love, comfort and protection. Providing comfort means being warm and physical affectation and giving reassurance. It also means responding to the babies needs. Babies who have loving and caring early relationships will have confidence in their care giver’s availability and responsiveness. This helps them feel more confident to explore the new world around them because they know have a safe person to return to when they need to. By watching and feeling how their carer response to them, they begin to learn important skills needed to make friendships. They also learn how to control their emotions by watching their carers. This leads to them being more confident and being able to cope better with stress and changes in their lives.

Attachment theory shows that babies need good attachment with their main carers to be able to develop into babies who feel safe, secured and loved if babies have all these then they develop and learn at a faster rate than a child who is anxious, fearful and lack confidence to explore and learn.

this can be adapted to older children by adding self confidence and self esteem

----------------------------------------------------
This unit is underpinned in part by CYP 3.5 - Develop positive relationships with children, young people and others inivolved in their care. Page 157 of the cache handbook preview on amazon.o.uk
Unread 06-21-2011, 08:35 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

AnnieC72 is on a distinguished road
Default Thanks :)

Thank you soooo much. I am working in EYFS reception year setting so I know what you mean regarding adapting to inc confidence & self-esteem if needed.
Thanks again, you have been a big help x