Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 11-16-2010, 10:50 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

magicboy is on a distinguished road
Default Nvq3 finished, but upset ,

Hi,
I have just finished my nvq3 and feel I have really accomlished something. My assessor took it away to give it to the IV for marking.
Had a message earlier from her to tell me that I have now got to go to college in order to do skills for life in maths and English. This is after I have completed my NVQ.
I have run my own business (not childcare related) for 27 years, since leaving school, and cannot believe they want proof of my maths and English after having written 60,000 words of my nvq!!!
Just feel really upset as I wasn't told of this before I started the course. Any advice from anyone, please.
Thank you
Martin

-----------------------------------------

Unread 11-16-2010, 11:01 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Doodah is on a distinguished road

Hi Martin,

Firstly, I would like to say many congratulations on passing your NVQ3 - you certainly have achieved something there - well done!

Try not to look at the skills for life qualifications as them wanting proof of your skills, but as two further qualifications to add to your CV and I believe these courses are free - so go for it! Try to think of this as an opportunity rather than a test. Good luck and best wishes
Unread 11-17-2010, 01:24 AM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

well done! but every single person our council take on has to have level 2 literacy and numeracy and i dont take any learners any level 3 and above without them. you have to prove you are an all rounder and the pity is an nvq doesnt hold a high currency as many get it by writing nothing, it is so devalued the CWDC scrapped it and many of us cheered. dont see it as negative just take it on board as something new and yet more strings to your bow. i have lecturing colleagues who have had worked for years who have had to take maths and english gcses! they re brilliant at their subject but had no proof of competency in func skills. My advice do it online complete a skill scan if it comes out as level print it off and you dont have to do it (you only have to prove you are competent at level 2) if not take the hint and enrol/
Unread 11-17-2010, 11:37 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

magicboy is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the replies,
My problem is, my career is not childcare. I chose to do the NLQ to give parents confidence in me at the setting I help in.
I have diverted so much time and effort away from my own business, and simply don't have the time to now start doing more courses. I just felt as though I am being held to ransom, as I have been told I will not now qualify without them.
I feel I should have been told before starting all the work, so I could make an accurate judgment as to the time I needed to put aside to finish. I was simply told about the nvq and nothing else.malady had lots of problems with the training provider, which they have apologized for. I think this is just the straw that broke the camels back! lol
Thanks everyone
Martin
Unread 11-22-2010, 05:40 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

twiggy321 is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicboy View Post
Thanks for the replies,
My problem is, my career is not childcare. I chose to do the NLQ to give parents confidence in me at the setting I help in.
I have diverted so much time and effort away from my own business, and simply don't have the time to now start doing more courses. I just felt as though I am being held to ransom, as I have been told I will not now qualify without them.
I feel I should have been told before starting all the work, so I could make an accurate judgment as to the time I needed to put aside to finish. I was simply told about the nvq and nothing else.malady had lots of problems with the training provider, which they have apologized for. I think this is just the straw that broke the camels back! lol
Thanks everyone
Martin
hi as others have said before me we were all required to take these basic skills test it took just 10 mins to do maths and english and it is multiple choice - its not rocket science . So just swallow your pride and do it. the qualification you have gained speaks reams dont let this little test spoil your recognition and self esteem!!