Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 12-06-2007, 10:15 PM
TEEN24

Help SOS Unit 337 K3T1111

Hi, i need to write up a guide on how to support children through transistions in their lives, as i only work with children up to 5 i am stuck on 7 - 12 year olds and 12 - 16 year olds. Can anyone help?
Tina

-----------------------------------------

Unread 12-11-2007, 09:41 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi,

Sorry there hasn't been a reply did you manage to find any more information ?
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 12-12-2007, 11:52 AM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

watgem is on a distinguished road

Sorry my units still with the assessor but I did find some help in the 2 handbooks Children's Care Learning and Development level 3 by Penny Tassoni,Kath Bulman and Kate Beith-published by Heinemann and alsothe Children's care learning and development candidate handbook by Miranda Walker published by Nelson Thornes. I linked activities etc to the areas of development that may be affected by transition and practical ways that I could be supportive, things to be aware of like puberty, peer pressure etc. I haven't had my unit back yet so am not sure if this is correct but hopefully it might give you a starting point-good luck.
Unread 08-24-2008, 01:14 PM
Julesjampot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEEN24 View Post
Hi, i need to write up a guide on how to support children through transistions in their lives, as i only work with children up to 5 i am stuck on 7 - 12 year olds and 12 - 16 year olds. Can anyone help?
Tina
Hi Tina I work with the children who have just come up from infants into juniors. We already have been introduced to them as they visit our school for plays,Christmas activities discos etc.They have also spent a full day with us to get to know the lay out of the school ,the dining hall ritual etc. This is all helping them through the transisition. Much the same happens from the juniors to the feeder school at 12. Hope this helps Tina Good Luck Julie:reading::reading:
Unread 07-04-2009, 05:44 PM
laws21

Default [quote=teen24;9912]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEEN24 View Post
Tina
7-12 ensure children are kept with friends as friendships are very important to children at this age.the need to be taught to see the positive aspects of any change as children of this age can express strong feelings about any change including the change from primary school to secondary school. activities to help children work as a team which are easly attainable for all the children should be set up so that children can get to know each other quickly. also teachers should be able to note with children can make friends easily and the children that can find it hard to make new friends.

12-16 its only natural that young people of this age feel some anxiety about change be it leaving school or moving away from home, the more in put they have about the change the more control they feel they should help the change to run smoothly. its very important for adults to relise that young peoples throughs and fears and not to take over as this will not help young people move forward.
Unread 03-14-2010, 08:38 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

skelts is on a distinguished road

hiya, i need to write about how to support children through transitions in their lives. i have managed to do it for 7-12 year olds and 12-16 year olds but i am struggling to do 0-3 years and 3-7 years. Could someone please help me it will be greatly appreciated thanks.
Unread 03-14-2010, 09:09 PM

twinthing is on a distinguished road

0-3 could be from home to a preschool or day care....perhaps home visits from staff and gradual settling in visits..plenty of two way communication and I put on mine about information about daily life ie feeding sleeping for babies and "all about me" information filled in in learning journals for the preschool starters, to be passed from home to setting...3-7 years would be gradual settling in visits, if moving from preschool to infants then I put that visits to the new school and have teachers from the school visit the child at preschool....open day visits to the new school and we use school uniform in our role play area and set up a class room for the children to play in, there are plenty of books available about first day at school, reading them to the children and talking about going to school. hope that helps.
Unread 03-14-2010, 09:13 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

skelts is on a distinguished road
thank you for this it will help me alot
Unread 03-19-2010, 09:37 PM

ray is on a distinguished road

i just did this one with my assesor. Answers they are looking for are
7 to 12 year olds may be looking at moving on to " big" school. Ways to help them are: arranging vists to big school.... talking about the changes there will be. Providing as much information as possible. parent partnerships on this. Arranging visits from people from the school and perhaps pupils who have done their first year.
for the older age: choosing options...... choosing sixth form or college.... providing information again... having people /lecturers visit the children.
Hope this helps.......
Unread 11-14-2010, 12:05 AM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

donnaadhel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray View Post
i just did this one with my assesor. Answers they are looking for are
7 to 12 year olds may be looking at moving on to " big" school. Ways to help them are: arranging vists to big school.... talking about the changes there will be. Providing as much information as possible. parent partnerships on this. Arranging visits from people from the school and perhaps pupils who have done their first year.
for the older age: choosing options...... choosing sixth form or college.... providing information again... having people /lecturers visit the children.
Hope this helps.......
Also as a teenage and choosing options, they are deciding on steps to take to develop the career that they have choosen for themself. Getting advice from a Career Advisor and working towards gaining the necessary qualifications to move onto either, as mentioned, sixth form, college and then possibly university. dd