Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 08-14-2008, 12:31 PM
kellz

Default k3p241 305: aims to meet current guidance for implementing inclusion

How to ensure your provision aims to meet current guidance for implementing inclusion and anti-discriminatory practice any info would be welcome thanks

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-14-2008, 10:19 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

SomeoneSpecial is on a distinguished road

look up the equal oppertunities act, national standards, disabilities rights act, what ofstead state about inclusion and ad/ab practice and also look at the settings policies etc, then say how your provision-the things you provide the children i.e toys etc meets the law, ofstead and your policy etc.

for example:

the childrens act states no child should be discriminated against because of their background, relidgion, gender etc therfore to meet this law we ensure all staff use ab/ad practice and that the setting and provision celerbrates differences i.e our role play area has a range of different dressing up equipment including clothes from different cultures also we ensure inclusive practice is used and that all the children have the same oppertunity to learn, play and develop regardless of their culture or gender etc. this is done through effective planning....

hope this helps
Unread 08-15-2008, 05:06 PM
kellz

that sure has thanks very much x
Unread 01-28-2009, 02:27 PM
fluffy

Hi im just new to the site i got stuck on this question, so i looked it up and took your answer, could you tell me what ad/ab practises means, does this mean Anit-discrimination and anti bullying practises as my tutor has asked to explain what they mean.

thanks in advance

Nicola
Unread 04-19-2010, 08:50 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Marmacat is on a distinguished road

ab = anti-bias - if you have one the course text book explains these phrases well. It took me a while for the text book to make much sense, but I have my last assessment today and it all makes sense now - there is hope guys, it does become clear in the end!

Cate
Unread 10-14-2010, 11:53 AM
RosinaBarreiros

You can also research the Disability Discrimination Act (DDA)
Talk about any internal or external training that staff from your setting are sent on to gain knowledge about Inclusion or Anti-Discriminatory practice and how to apply it in the setting ona daily basis. For example, some boroughs around London set up training days about a range of different topics from Planning/Evaluation to Speech & Language Therapy so that's a good way of showing that your setting is interested in providing the best care.

Hope that is useful somehow!