Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 03-23-2010, 02:17 PM
mumof2

Default really appreciate help

.. Hi all.. i am new to the forum so here goes..
I started my nvq level 2 in september.. i was given year 3 as my placement two days a week.. About a month ago my tutor said it was not an ideal placement so i was to find a new one! .. I have found a reception class for mondays and my tutor said i am to stay in year 3 for the other placement day.. I am not happy really.. I have only had two mondays in the reception class , and the tutor wants to observe me on 3 things next monday only being there two days i do not no the timetable yet , i am still learning the childrens names and i was given the impression by the tutor that i would have a few weeks to atleast settle in..not two days!
I dont no what to do .. i am behind on two child observations i have to do as one is for a free activity ( which you dont get in year 3 ) and a child behaviour one.. which i cant observe yet as i dont know the children in reception class well..
I am now thinking about ending the course and starting fresh in sept with a new tutuor and a proper placement ..where i do not have to change 5 months down the line.. Any help appreciated

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-24-2010, 11:40 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hiya, firstly don't worry too much Can you speak to the teachers of your classroom placements and see if they'd support you a little with suggestions on how to get through it all.

Suggest an activity maybe to help with your three obs and basic ways to catch up with your child centred obs and to help when it comes to liasing with your assessor?

Try not to get flustered if your assessor knows the situation you're in I'm sure they understand the constraints.

Best wishes for monday and welcome to the site

Let us know how it goes xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 03-24-2010, 12:10 PM
mumof2

yes i will do.. its just difficult as the reception class teacher does sen lessons most of mondays so i am with two classroom assistants ..so i have not even had the chance to speak to her properly , let alone plan anything.
I mentioned to my tutor about beind behind on two obs and all she said was i am sure there is a child somewhere for you to do them on..both obs have to be in by next tuesday which i am unable to do as i am only in the class on mondays..so i cant do them then as i am being observed : ( .. but many thanks for the reply..
Unread 04-11-2010, 12:09 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

purple princess is on a distinguished road

Hope u got things sorted it would be a shame to finish now and start again later. i would be nice if your assesor was abit more understanding though x