Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 06-21-2008, 10:40 AM
twinkletoes

305 KN K3S251

Hi all, quick question: Kn K3S251 on Unit 305 - "Recognition of social factors e.g substance abuse and the possible behvaiours of adults involved in abuse.

I understand the social factors, but does the adults involved mean - the adults who are abusing - and what their behaviour might be like??? or us as practitions and how we would behave to suspected abuse???

Any ideas, just the wording of these not to sure on.

Thanks

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-21-2008, 11:24 AM
nuttynik

I understand this to mean:

recognition: behaviour altered or not the same as it was.
mouth or nose or both looking sore or red.
eyes unclear, looking glazed over.
smelling of alcohol.

behaviour: displaying an: 'over' affection for the child in public to disguise
possible abuse, overly harsh treatment of the child or
indifference to the child.
missing medical appointments or visiting medical services with
inessential reasons.

Signs of domestic abuse in parent/carer

Check Level 3 NVQ handbook?

Hope this helps. I could be wrong though! and if that's the case I take no responsibility! Good luck!
Unread 06-22-2008, 09:56 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

SomeoneSpecial is on a distinguished road

Recognition of social factors e.g substance abuse - i.e the factors which could contribute to the risk of abuse - povety, dipression, if the abuser was abused before etc

the possible behvaiours of adults involved in abuse.-i.e the behaviours of the abuser -they may ignore the child or not feed them etc-neglect
Unread 03-29-2009, 02:16 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

xxclairexx is on a distinguished road

for this question i have picked substance abuse- so wat could i put 4 this- shud i give examples of wat substances there cud be? n do i put hw the adult might behave and wat they could be doing the child eg- forgetting 2 feed, wash, care for the child ( neglect)??

xxxxxxx
Unread 03-24-2010, 09:20 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

akel1111 is on a distinguished road

Substance abuse in parents may result in neglect and/or abuse of their child(ren)
For example, if a parent is using drugs they may be unable to see to their child's basic needs (food, warmth, clothing, love) resulting in neglect of the child.