Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 09-21-2009, 09:23 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

wendy_poo is on a distinguished road
Default Just having a moan

Hi, my course work is 80% complete according to my previous assessor, and that's the problem, I now have a new assessor who thinks I need more evidence for certain units. She says she is very thorough, implying the last assessor was not doing her job properly. So my question is can she ask me to do more work for units that I thought were completed. Anyone else had this problem and how did you resolve it. The thought of having to do more work on old units just to satisfy her criteria does not fill me full of happiness. Thanks

Last edited by wendy_poo : 09-21-2009 at 08:19 PM.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 09-21-2009, 05:02 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

you have to go with it, she is the one you need to prove your competence to. dont get in a spin just get on with it. hard i know but worth it.
Unread 09-21-2009, 07:57 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

SamHill is on a distinguished road

A colleague of mine was asked by her college tutor to provide more work on her observations. The colleague was really cross about it as the course head had effectively said she had finished, however, she got on with it. Afterwards my colleague actually thanked her tutor, saying she had gained more knowledge through revisiting those observations, and that she had probably been a bit lax with them in the first place as she had been having major problems at the time.

Not much help, but just adding that sometimes an extra push can help you to learn something you might have missed! Good luck.

Sam
Unread 09-22-2009, 09:07 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Lil_Emz is on a distinguished road

its purley for the External and internal verifiers - better to do more than them coming back to you asking for it and giving you 2 weeks to do it like they did for my level 2