Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 06-03-2009, 09:20 PM
dianne

Default Help unit 305 question k3p244.

K3p244 Organisational strategies and practice issues to ensure equal acces and compliance with legislation for disabled children and children with special educational needs within your home country.
Help im really struggling with this one!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-03-2009, 09:26 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

kimp123 is on a distinguished road

i am working on 305 at the moment and have not got to this one yet so any imput would help me too... lol

i am hating this unit
Unread 06-03-2009, 09:30 PM
dianne

Im struggling big time, its soooo hard!
Unread 06-03-2009, 09:54 PM

i am sure its just asking what our strategies are and if we have any issues to ensure disabled children have equal access and by doing this we are following legislation....
i.e an issue might be there there is steps into the building and legislation states that all wheel chair bound people should have access into public places so what is our strategies to ensure equal access

and the home country bits is just because in scotland a wales there legislations for children with learning disabilities receives support at a younger age then in the uk also they consier minor and major learning disabilities to be treated the same.

please dont quote me on any of this lol i started rambling away trying to understand the question....

might give you idea's to help with the answer lol
Unread 06-04-2009, 11:21 AM

karensi30 is on a distinguished road
Default hope this helps

i have had this signed off

Every care facility should have connections with their Country's appropriate governmental departments, this makes sure they can advise on current practice and help implement any changes needed - where someone is unfamiliar with legislation of a Country they need to ask .. anyone ... before putting themselves in a position of responsibility !!

Working towards DDA compliance means ensuring access to services as well as buildings, educational activities and a safe environment.

Not everyone can prepare for every situation that may present itself.

Immediate physical access issues like width of doorways, ramps, doorbell and knocker height, position of locks & catches, obstructions to entrances should be an ongoing part of a settings assessment.

Other Organisational strategies and Practice issues could include:
Everyone's flexibility & how approachable they feel they are.
Making sure everyone is aware that there is legislation to ensure equal access.. and compliance.
Working with your surroundings and what they currently provide.
Building good communicational links with people/carers/external & internal networks. This is important so that everyone can be informed of any changes that are needed to the environment or current practice.
Is there currently a way to record any changes so that they can be monitored and evaluated ?
Are parents/carers asked for feedback on changes or can they suggest additional changes that could be made ?
Checking all Policies and Paperwork is up to date and asking if they reflect current thinking & practice

Are all the contact details of external agencies up to date and relevant to any possible questions that might be asked.
Are risk assessments carried out frequently from the disability or sen's point of view?
Are disability/sen aids provided or will they need to be purchased ?
What training opportunities are available ?
Is time allowed in planning for risk assessments, policy reviews etc. to be carried out ?
What financial considerations for making changes to the surroundings and / or equipment are there ?
Is everyone involved with what is needed - are they told of any requirements e.g.: Anyone preparing food for snack is aware of allergies - Informing staff of possible phobias or medication - where confidentiality allows.
Are the activities and toys suitable ?
Are there alternatives available depending on what might be needed ?
Can the room be made safer/more user friendly, stimulating ?
Is storage OK?
Hygiene facilities - Toilet & Wash basin height- positioning of hand washing / drying items
Being aware of the surroundings during any care session ~ ask ... what's been moved, where is everyone and what's changed.
Unread 06-04-2009, 10:21 PM

Thanks alot more help then i could offer lol