Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 08-14-2008, 11:58 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

kellynoelle is on a distinguished road
Default Unit 3 child development theorists - apply these theories today - help!

HI i am writing about child development theorists. I have written so far about Pavlov but I need to write a paragraph on how you can apply these theories today. Have some idea but a bit stuck - Any help welcome!!!
Thanks

Kelly

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-14-2008, 01:37 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Brandy is on a distinguished road

heres a good site on piaget
http://www.easychild.com/kids-ages-a...ent-charts.htm
Unread 08-14-2008, 10:28 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

SomeoneSpecial is on a distinguished road

pavlo talks about the dogs responding to the food stimulous and then to the bell-he says that ppl learn by assosiation this can be applied today in many ways for example getting children to assosiate words and meaning through different activities- showing a picture or toy and saying "bus" then assosiating the bus with a car that also drives on the road so the child eventually learns the meaning of vehecals, roads, wheels etc or it could be applied today because we have routienes, for example older children will know at 12.00 they have to wash their hands so they can have dinner. It can also be applied to outside play-when the whistel blows the children have to stop what they are doing etc

Bandura- he showed how children learn through coppying and observing. this can be applied today as if an eyw demonstrates an activity the child can learn to do it through coppying. Or if a child sees good role models then they are likely to copy the behaviour but if they see bad behaviour they will repeate the bad behaviour.

skinners operant conditioning-negative and positive reinforcement, this theory can be applied today though sticker charts, praise and reward for good behaviour and through dissaproval, time out and ignoring for unwanted behaviour.

maria montessoris theory that children learn through exploration and play-is often applied today in montessori schools and when the children engage in free play or are provided with a range of play experiances that can help holistic development.

hope this helps..
Unread 01-06-2009, 01:33 PM
multi

Thank you!

I have just been looking through the threads, whilst stressing out , and came across this one. You have helped me out greatly!
Unread 01-27-2009, 01:36 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

home from home is on a distinguished road

hi just been looking through threads and this one was a big fat thank you i was beginning to think wether carry on or not
Unread 01-27-2009, 01:46 AM
wishfulsinger01

hey

what did u do for K3D217- development chart.....

can u send me a PM if u can fwd me urz pleeeeez

thxx