Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 12-15-2008, 07:35 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Tracy.S is on a distinguished road
Help SOS Element301.3PC5 : support other adults to have positive relationships with children

Encourage and support other adults to have positive relationships with children.

Hi, I am new to this forum, this is my first post, although I have been reading some of the threads. Everyone seems to be well ahead of me or do different colleges do things in a different order?

I was wondering if anyone can shed any light on what they are actually asking for here. Do they mean by backing up another TA or teacher in a decision? Showing a united front and therefore consistency? A bit confused, any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Tracy

-----------------------------------------

Unread 12-16-2008, 08:28 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation
Default Encourage and support other adults to have positive relationships with children

Hi, welcome to Silkysteps

Identifing what Positive relationship means to you may be a good starting point for this ..

In the short I see it as how staff/management support each other in respecting and valuing Children and how the Children are supported in knowing that what they do is supported and valued. Not so much backing each other up as using personal experience, ideas and knowledge to inform current situations & guide decisions ..

What schemes are in place to support positive interaction - if a keyworker system is used, how it may impact on adults approach to & with the Children. What training, workshop and support mechanisms are in place to promote and protect positive relationships .. mentoring, policies, procedures, contractual & setting agreements ..

A thread with more replies Encourage other adults

A few personal points I'd look to include is ensuring enough time is given to activities and play planning so that everyone can see and value what is being done - and how to ask & arrange to do this if it's felt not enough - or too much time is being given.

How working schedules & staff deployments are organised to help ensure everyone is happy with their roles and responsibilities.

How you chat with other colleagues about the activities made available .. how you are able to ask questions as to what the Children are doing, what the learning & aims are - if it is enjoyable and how it may reflect on everyone else's own ideas and interests .. & possibly, to take it further how this can be used to interest and engage others ..

How the Children are listened and responded to ..
Do you smile, frown or laugh ..
What language - body & verbal you use and maybe the tone of voice.
How you may give space to new & existing relationships whilst always ensuring approachability .. how you can maintain a closeness to the Children that shows you care and are interested in what they do / who they are ..

Some scenrios to look at could be ..

Eating with mouth open ..
Picking a nose
Walking mud through a recently hoovered corridor
A birthday card has been brought in for show & tell
A piece of work is critised or reacted negatively to.
A child tells you their Aunt is coming to stay with them ..
A Parent asks if you can ensure their Child eats all their lunch.
Wellies are sent in from home for outdoor play - the Child refuses to wear them.
A Child is crying

How would you react to a colleague dealing positively/negatively with these situations and how you may feel this would differ if it were other adults reacting negatively/positively - what are your feelings as to why you feel the reactions are positive or negative ...

Hth a little, please enjoy the site

xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 12-17-2008, 04:34 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Tracy.S is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the reply, it's given me lots to think about.

Tracy